Speaker questions - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Nicolas
Noob

Nicolas is on a distinguished road
Speaker questions

I have a 2006 Se with Rockford fosgate package and my speakers are staring to die I was wandering if the speakers in the car are coaxial or component and which would be better to buy for better sound quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the club!

The speakers run on generic speaker wiring through the harness. Depending on how much of an audiophile you are there are a bunch of different options to consider.

The least hassle would be to replace the speakers with equivalent sized car speakers and plug them right into the same harness. That won't get you any better sound quality, but it's really simple.

The next option is to run a new multi-channel amp to the speakers. That will take component cables to the amp and then speaker wiring to the individual speakers. You can run some higher powered speakers that way, but I wouldn't go too high powered unless you upgrade the sound deadening material along with it. Basically what Rockford calls their "Deadskin" would need to be lined in the doors and other sensitive areas to get the best results from a new high powered system.

Car audio doesn't generally use coaxial cables, but it depends on the style of head unit you upgrade to also if that's being changed out.

And in case you need it, the size of the speakers are 6x9 front, 6.5 round rear, and 1" tweeters in the dash.

Good luck!
2005 Xterra
#3 Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Nicolas
Noob

Nicolas is on a distinguished road
I was looking at the Sony xav 64bt and was also wandering if the stock amp has enough power to run Two sets of speakers one set is 160 rms and the other is 80 should I wire these speakers to the Rockford amp or get a new one just for the speakers

P.s. do u recommend any speakers
#4 Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
I'd recommend reading through the AV section of the FSM here

I'm really not positive how much amplification power the stock amp has since it's only on the Rockford Fosgate package and I don't have that. I would imagine though that they wouldn't install an amp significantly more powerful than the draw needed for the speakers that were used in the build, so if you're going for new speakers it may be necessary to upgrade to a newer amp too. So for simplicity sake you could find speakers that are the same wattage as the RFs and do a direct swap out, but I'm not sure what the ratings are on them. I think it might be in that AV section though.

Good luck!
2005 Xterra

Tags
blown speakers , speakers , xterra se

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.