Nissan XTerra Forum banner

SnickerDoodle's Build <3

23K views 210 replies 44 participants last post by  RacerXXL 
#1 · (Edited)
Year: 2002
Make: Nissan (duh)
Model: Xterra (double duh)
Trim: title states XE/SE so who knows!
Color: Super Black (with a splash of hot pink)
Codename: Chance
Pilot: Dani

Tires/Wheels:
Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70r16
16” Pro Comp Rock Crawlers

Suspension:

PML
2” BL
Bilstein 5150 Series
3 pack AAL
Calmini UCA's
Low Pro bump stops

Armor:

Fully armored- SkidRow Skids
EOE Sliders (cut to fit 35's)

Electronics:

Midland 75
4' Firestik coated Hot Pink
JVC kw-nt300
Back up camera

Lighting:

B&M Lo Pro Light bar
20' Alien LED Light Bar
20' curved LED
2- 6' fog LED

Other:

InSain Fab Custom One-off Front Bumper
Bedlined & Trimmed Plastics
WeatherTech Floor Mats
FlipHitch Mod Doodle Style
Yakima Load Warrior roof rack
Gobi ladder
Stock radiator replaced with 02' Super Charged.
Safari Snorkel
Custom pink camo headliner

Steering:

Calimini Steering

Removed:
Mud flaps
Stock step rails
Majority of lower front bumper
Plastic door trim
Stock headliner

Wish List:
Winch

Many more mods to come.. stay tuned!

Bought stock March 2nd 2011.

How she sits today June 2016

Merica!

See less See more
#103 ·
Today we replaced my torsion bars with the Calmini ones. And also went back to stock shackles.

I will say that although I found mannnny how to remove/re-index torsion bars not a single thread/site offered what to do if you run into the issue we did.

We were able to remove the adjuster bolts and get the rear anchor to drop fully. We were also able to get the passenger side t-bar to drop out of the front anchor. The passenger one was another story. We (3 of us) hammered, heated, hit with a screw driver.. you name it we did it. Finally we took out the cross member. Once the cross member was out we still had a huge issue trying to get the darn t-bar to break loose. Finally after about 90 minutes Adam had a brilliant idea. You can follow the pics and see the before and after result.

#105 ·
I got pretty close to setting the truck on fire yesterday with that god forsaken tbar. thank goodness Adam had a break through idea lol.

The window, well I wish I could say it's trail damage but its not. While transporting skids from the car wash home the gas tank skid slid and taped the window and shattered it.

#107 ·
Thanks man! The window is replaced, new torsion bars installed, stock shackles reinstalled, tire is off the roof and in the cargo area. Boy can I just say I love not having body roll! Every time I would hit a bump before my truck would be all over the road. Now... smooth sailing! And it also fixed my alignment issue as well! :) I am a happy girl!

#124 ·
It was a fantastic deal until driving home last night and having the truck lose all power and the engine dying on me. Thankfully it wasn't anything bad... the screw that keeps the rotor attached to the inside of the distributor backed out. So basically there was nothing holding the rotor on. Today that bitch is getting some lock tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.