Nickolae
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 Xterra
Nickolae is on a distinguished road
The MisAdventures of Nickolae's Xterra

This is a place where I'll be putting pics and videos of the trouble me and my Xterra get into.

Enjoi

04 Xterra XE. Goodyear Silent Armor Tires. Volant CAI. PML with Calmini Shackles. Uniden CB Radio. Firestik 2 Antenna. Mud flap delete.

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Nickolae
Seasoned

2004 Xterra

04 Xterra XE. Goodyear Silent Armor Tires. Volant CAI. PML with Calmini Shackles. Uniden CB Radio. Firestik 2 Antenna. Mud flap delete.

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
post #3 of 10 Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Nickolae
Seasoned

2004 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks28 View Post
To embed YouTube on the forum you have to type this:

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Um. It appears to work fine. I'm a little confused Thanks.

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
post #4 of 10 Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
thanks28
Addict

2002 Xterra
thanks28 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolae View Post
Um. It appears to work fine. I'm a little confused Thanks.
Sorry didn't mean for embedding I meant for us phone users to be able to click on this through the iphone app but nevermind its cool

"Only the Best"
2002 Xterra SE 4x4 Solar Yellow
  • Cherry Bomb Glasspack Muffler
  • Concept Customs Lightbar w/ Pro Comp Long Ranges
  • Tinted All Windows to Match
  • Full Kenwood audio from Deck to Subs
  • Front Off Road Lights
  • PML
  • Custom Built Rock Sliders w/ Bedliner
  • Roof Basket w/ Spare Tire
  • DIY Hi-Lift Mount
  • 18" Rockstar XD wheels with 33"x12.50 Toyo Open Country Tires
Big Bird Build
2002 Xterra
post #5 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Nickolae
Seasoned

2004 Xterra
Added a bunch of videos to the old youtube. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/AGHhblYgyS8

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
post #6 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
How many of the trails at uwharrie have you tried in your truck. I had planned on going there this year, but didnt make it before the trails closed. Plan on going sometime after they open. I have seen lots of vids and it looks like there are quite a few big rocks on some of the trails. I have more clearance than you, but no sliders and only a gas tank skid. I would hate to get on a trail and realize I cant get through. Looks like most of them are one way with nowhere to turn around if I hit an obstacle I cant get around.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
post #7 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Nickolae
Seasoned

2004 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by intender View Post
How many of the trails at uwharrie have you tried in your truck. I had planned on going there this year, but didnt make it before the trails closed. Plan on going sometime after they open. I have seen lots of vids and it looks like there are quite a few big rocks on some of the trails. I have more clearance than you, but no sliders and only a gas tank skid. I would hate to get on a trail and realize I cant get through. Looks like most of them are one way with nowhere to turn around if I hit an obstacle I cant get around.
The key is, don't go alone and try to go with someone who has been before. Generally the hills are divided into two groups; those for rock crawlers and those for stock rides. Unless you have a dedicated rock crawling ride (or a lot of expendable income) stick to the normal trails. The stock ride trails are rated and usually have a turn off or side trail for the not-so-hardcore rides to drive by.

I stayed on the normal trails and had a blast.

At the end of the day. You will probably break something. Just budget that before you go :-)

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
post #8 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
Garage
Talking

The downside is that unless somebody from the club goes with me, I dont have any friends that would go. I have a couple of friends with 4x4 vehicles, but none of them would be willing to risk scratching their trucks, much less breaking something.

I think I would have a great time on even the easy trails. Hell, I have a good time driving my truck on the highway. I still hate the fact that pretty much everywhere I used to know to go locally is either shut down or the people just wont let anybody on their property anymore. I know lots of places for quads, but nothing that a truck would fit on.

its also sad that places up north leave the trails open, but down here where it doesnt get all that cold, they shut the trails down for 4 months.

<<<-click for build

Last edited by intender; 01-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.
2000 SE Xterra
post #9 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Nickolae
Seasoned

2004 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by intender View Post
The downside is that unless somebody from the club goes with me, I dont have any friends that would go. I have a couple of friends with 4x4 vehicles, but none of them would be willing to risk scratching their trucks, much less breaking something.

I think I would have a great time on even the easy trails. Hell, I have a good time driving my truck on the highway. I still hate the fact that pretty much everywhere I used to know to go locally is either shut down or the people just wont let anybody on their property anymore. I know lots of places for quads, but nothing that a truck would fit on.

its also sad that places up north leave the trails open, but down here where it doesnt get all that cold, they shut the trails down for 4 months.
Offroading is a tough sell for those who aren't used to taking their vehicles out of their comfort zone. I would suggest looking around at the different off-road clubs and see when their Uwharrie trails days are. I think if you sent a polite email asking to tag along they wouldn't have too much of an issue.

As for non-OHV park options for off-roading. I'll say two things. Google Maps is a great tool, and abide by Tread Lightly and you won't get into much trouble.

But hell yes, the south needs more OHV trails. Send me a message some time and I'll let you know when I'm going to Uwharrie or my other secret spots. I could show you around.

NXM 2011 Video
2004 Xterra
post #10 of 10 Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
Garage
Are you east or west of uwharrie. I am right outside of winston salem.

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.