Advise Needed... - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
F150Xterra

2004 Xterra
F150Xterra is on a distinguished road
Advise Needed...

So ive been searching and reading for over a week now...I need advice and or pics if anyone is running what im thinking...

Heres what im working with:
2004 Xterra 2wd, everything is stock. Measured my front from my rear and there is a 2" dive towards the front (yes yes i know normal)

Im wanting do do mild offroading, nothing serious. With what ive read so far ive decided on:
16x8 Cragar Soft 8s 5" backspace
2" body lift

What im unsure of is:
Will the 2" body lift fit 265/75/16 ATs? Will they look too small? Will i need to do minor trimming? AND would it benifit costmetically to do the PML?

Thanks guys for your help!
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM
outcast12321

2003 Xterra
outcast12321 is on a distinguished road
I just put cooper A/T3's on my 04 xterra, stock ride hight and only had a little bit of rubbing on the front, trimmed the lip off and no more rubbing, I think they may look small, the 265/75/15 on mine just fill the wheel wells.
2003 Xterra
#3 Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
265/75/16 will look fine with just a 2" BL...a PML don't look bad either

I have a 2+" Suspension Lift + 2"BL and have 265/75/16 and I don't even think they look too small

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
#4 Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
F150Xterra

2004 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
265/75/16 will look fine with just a 2" BL...a PML don't look bad either

I have a 2+" Suspension Lift + 2"BL and have 265/75/16 and I don't even think they look too small
Thanks! Do you think the 265/75/16 would work with just the PML too? During my research ive seen it work on a 4x4...but not 2wd. My only concern is im trying to get rid of my HUGE nose dive..i dont even mind if its just a little dive...but i want to avoid being ass high lol
2004 Xterra
#5 Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
that tire size will fit a stock 2004 xterra.

If you want to get rid of your nose dive, skip the PML...just adjust the front torsion bars to raise the front end up some. If you add shackles to the back, you will, at best, keep your same nose dive, or worst case scenerio, add to it.

Unless you are ready to dump serious cash into your truck for offroading gear (unlikely since it is 2wd), I would just adjust the front torsion bars to bring the nose up some, and throw the tires on there. If you want a little higher all around, get the body lift done, which will not add any nose dive at all, but be prepared for the little ins and outs of getting all the kinks out once the BL is done.

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
#6 Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 PM
F150Xterra

2004 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
that tire size will fit a stock 2004 xterra.

If you want to get rid of your nose dive, skip the PML...just adjust the front torsion bars to raise the front end up some. If you add shackles to the back, you will, at best, keep your same nose dive, or worst case scenerio, add to it.

Unless you are ready to dump serious cash into your truck for offroading gear (unlikely since it is 2wd), I would just adjust the front torsion bars to bring the nose up some, and throw the tires on there. If you want a little higher all around, get the body lift done, which will not add any nose dive at all, but be prepared for the little ins and outs of getting all the kinks out once the BL is done.
Thanks a bunch!! You just settled my mind....it just gonna do the torsion bar on the front and get the rims and tires. I just wanna make it nice...and not dumb a huge amount into it since it is just the 2wd. Thank you again!
2004 Xterra
#7 Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
Garage
No problem man...now post some pictures when you get the new tires on!

2004 Xterra 4X4

Building my X

2004 Xterra
#8 Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM
F150Xterra

2004 Xterra
Argh, took her in to get the power steering pump replaced today and they told me BOTH of my lower control arms are going out...i swear by the time im done with this X it will be brand new lol.

So the woman keeps asking about the body lift...and what kinda "kinks" come with it? (just for future reference). As far as tires..im thinking about going with Toyo Open Country A/T II? Anyone else running those?
2004 Xterra
#9 Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150Xterra View Post
Argh, took her in to get the power steering pump replaced today and they told me BOTH of my lower control arms are going out...i swear by the time im done with this X it will be brand new lol.

So the woman keeps asking about the body lift...and what kinda "kinks" come with it? (just for future reference). As far as tires..im thinking about going with Toyo Open Country A/T II? Anyone else running those?
If done correctly none, but if you fail to read the DIY body lift thread 3-4 times to make certain you have it all covered you can have problems ranging from slightly annoying squeaks to tearing out the dash to replace the heater core. Generally though with a solid plan it is a trouble free mod.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#10 Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
xtacular
Spaz

2002 Xterra
xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough
What did they mean by both lower control arms going out? The ball joints?

2002 Super Black 5 Speed 4x4
Lift/Suspension: AC Shackles and UCAs, Extended Bilsteins, 2" BL
Armor: front ARB Bumper, rear Skid Row bumper with custom tire carrier
Steering: Bandit 4x4 idler arm bushings, AC HD TRAs, Calmini IAB; Moog TREs and 555 centerlink
Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, desert runner wheels
Performance: K&N intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler
Electronics: backup camera, Pioneer head unit, JBL 770w amp, JL Audio 12" W0, rear Sony Xplods
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.