Nissan XTerra Forum banner

KUMA Adventure Thread!

51K views 232 replies 51 participants last post by  xearth 
#1 ·
This is my new thread designated to my Adventures, weather it's with my truck or not! I will be posting ALOT of pictures! :D

See less See more
#202 ·
Thanks guys! And no worries Terry! I will have those up on sunday! That is if I get it painted and installed on saturday...

#203 ·
Still editing the Gonemoab pictures?

#207 ·
Alright guys as I had promised a few people now... with goneMOAB registration opening up today I am releasing my 2012 goneMOAB pictures :) A few at a time! We will start with the pre-event runs (these pre-runs are for trail leaders to learn and not part of the event). As for the editing I have been trying a few different things so hope you guys enjoy because I have not touched these pics since early summer :)

As was such Myself, Justin and Amber decided to go run Poison Spyder Mesa... This would be my first Moab trip with the New X! At the trail head... Note the Ford Raptor in the background, I teased my dad by sending him a pic of it, my mom's reply was "DONT DO THAT! YOUR GIVING HIM IDEA'S!" Yes he now owns one ;)

Justin and his Titan Swapped X

Amber's Titan Swapped X

I was starting to feel a little underrated. For thos wondering how much of a difference travel is... it's a world of difference for IFS

GoPro mounted and ready to go... I should mention Justin also has a 2" BL w/ his TS

Checking out the buggy/jeep ahead of us on the trail

Beginning the climb

Nice flex

Clean picture... hint may be releasing a wallpaper of this later ;)

Justin's wife talking to Justin as he is driving up

While considering the first obstacle Amber took the bypass

We stopped for a few minutes to watch a rental jeep with a bunch of newbies bash the front bumper coming off a nice climb

As we sat and watched you look back towards Moab

Surprising Mr. Terry and Ron caught up to us on their own pre-run

Justin took the first attempt at the obstacle after the jeep's left

Ron followed

As I am half way through the selected pics of this run (it was a short run) I will stop here and resume at a later time :) I will also give you guys a few updates for those I am not FB friends with, this Christmas I stepped up to a full frame camera. A nice new Nikon D600 so I am stoked for this coming year's goneMOAB! If you never been, consider it! And go register at www.goneMOAB.com! However to give you guys a heads up I am going to start trying to dive into video along with pictures for this coming year's trip.

#208 ·
Excellent pictures! I better get registered for Gonemoab 2013 this weekend.

#209 ·
Thanks man and yes you should! It's going to be AWESOME this year! :) Ill post more pics tomorrow (try to time it so everyone can see them when they go back to work on Monday).

#213 ·
Thanks guys and I will resume now... and Xearth I will have a picture for you later ;)

As we moved on Terry decided to try his hand at a nice climb, which we watch him use his locker on if I remember right...

Then it was Ron's turn, spinning the tires

As he got up and stopped I noticed something...

Amber waiting for me to catch up

Finally arrived at the waterfall where Terry went ahead headed his way up

Justin waiting at the bottom for his turn

Amber working her way up

Then on the final climb, the fun part :)

Next around the corner we start the next climb in a nice little small canyon

After which we come to the fun part full of some nice big ruts which Ron took a nice few minutes working on getting through and re-positioning himself

But at last he did make it

Working our way forward

Finally at the V notch which we watched Terry attempt first, no he did not go 3 wheels like all the famous pictures. Ron was a little too good at spotting him :p

Looking back while we are waiting at the V notch

While we were waiting we watched a little razer do it's thing

As it was getting late we decided to turn around and head back letting Terry and Ron do there thing. We didn't want to headback down in the dark

This picture is priceless and probably the best of the week :p

Justin full lock

I love that Titan stance, I don't think anyone can argue with me

I swear he drove this way half the week

My all time favorite pic of the day though (Yes I know there is quite a bit of vignetting)

Then she hit 3 wheels :)

That concludes our pre-event run for Poison Spyder Mesa, next up pre-event Seven Mile Rim!

Xearth here you go :) this so far is the only time it has touched dirt! We did a quick run mostly because christmas was the next week and we had a winch install to get done :)

#214 ·
That sunshine really looks nice right now. My xterra is covered in a thick layer of ice. I put my rear Shrock bumper on a couple of weeks ago and I don't know what it looks like without snow and ice on it.

#216 ·
Thanks guys, and yeah I know the feeling. I got my sliders on my first blue Xterra and the same week it snowed, I didn't even know if they were the same color until spring...

Alright lets post up some more pics... If your like me you like shiny things... here is Amber's shackles

Now that it's winter and I look back at this it makes me miss the colors of spring... I can't wait for it to come back!

Nicks trail list (remember this is pre-goneMOAB)

Nice lights

Sharp view while we waited for everyone to gas up

I should point out a few of these pictures were edited a little too much, so excuse the bad colors, hue and saturation, this is where we stopped for a brief second

Shi sure looks happy :p

My X, sure glad I got that bumper fixed and re-powdercoated

Came to our first little drop, it's tiny but depending upon your angle and if your IFS you usually hit 3 wheels(you will see later in the week)

Justin coming down

Amber

This next area doesn't look anything big but usually you high center for a brief second

After you go down one more little drop

Even a titan swap taps

Climbing the steps

Mr. Nick looking like a BA

Justin's turn, he decided to try the middle line

Spinning the wheels he couldn't get the traction

Attempt number two, he moved over to left hand side after. Later in the week he attempted it again

Scott/Amber's turn

As you can probably all guess, this is not only the easier side but that we had to be careful as we didn't want to break our trucks before the event even started

Were about half way through, nothing too special about these pics but the next few I think you guys might like so I will save those for later in the week.

#217 ·
Nice pics man. I finally come back to CX for the first time in forever and I imediately searched for this thread lol

#219 ·
Thanks guys and here are some more for you to enjoy!

Lets resume, next up on Seven Mile I opted to do the crack which is a like a small version of the crack on golden spike, I dont have pictures but Amber does. However here is my damage for the week :)

Next Scott takes Ambers X through it!

Yes that is some good 3 wheel action!

Better angle

One of my other favorite pics and a great one if you ask me

Next a short lunch break before hitting up wipe out hill

Our crew, from left to right Scott, Amber, Shiloh, Nick, Justin and Tammy

Threw the small squeeze (it's not very narrow but people still get freaked out)

Slightly off center is wipe out hill

Nick was the only one man enough to attempt it, and I am on the left guiding him down

Half way threw the first drop

At the bottom! And I can take a nice relaxing break on the rocks

Ready to come back up!

He was literally 3 inches from being either perfect or in a complete disaster, just grabbed him and we took a few more attempts.

Attempt number 2

After a second we realized his X was overheating so we let it cool off and talked it over, we just didnt want to risk his truck before gone had even started...

We decided to use a rope and just pull it ourselves (no truck) incase he started leaning back again, and he made it up no problem! No pic of that sorry

After a nice little disaster where the trail gave away beneath me on what I thought was the bypass we continued on and her is nick taking the route I would take the rest of the trucks down later that week.

Well next up Top of the World and the official day first day of goneMOAB!

#221 · (Edited)
I'd agree that this pic is one of the best ones you've taken! It makes me think of something climbing out of a pit/hole like a transformer or soemthing :D (Don't judge me, I'm a Transformers nerd :p)

#222 ·
Great photography! Not to get off topic.... Have you been on Strike Ravine before? I am registered for that on Wednesday. I am wondering how rough that trail is.

#223 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, and no I haven't ran Strike Ravine. Apparently from my understanding it's the only trail in BFE that is not black so we opted to take the chance for it! I hope it's awesome, I know that someone will have to scope it out before hand to see what trail leading it might be like so I guess we will see. But where it's listed as I believe a green or blue you will be fine if you have sliders and air down :p

Okay let's do this! Starting with Day#1 - Top of the World Trail (My favorite trail)

Getting ready to start our day, as we sit next to dewey bridge. (Sorry forgot pictures of the bridges because I have photographed it before)

As I was inspecting the rigs spotted this nice shiner... Sucks it happened when someone I will let remain nameless backed in to him with his door open

Good looking first gen, they are starting to become a little bit rare around these trails :p

Fronty's stick as a pack

Nick rolling right along...

And my tail gunner Mr. Nick!

We took a brief moment, and yes this is not even half the trucks in the picture :p

So found a little fun spot where people take the right line they could go 3 wheeling however nothing big, some just missed the rock just barely

Showcasing

Here is an example of what a unlocked X looks like just in case your wondering, but a great shot from bud! :D

Sadly many of my best shots where the front tire came up were too over exposed that I couldn't save them so you guys will just have to be satisfied with these shots... sorry :(

Now we meet the only truly difficult spot but take the right line and hug the wall and you will be fine. Here Don shows us his Jeep's long wheel base as he made it up with no spotter :p

Spin those tires!

One of the cleaner ones

Those wheels look pretty nice with that tire!

Check out the back passenger tire

Pretty swell Ad shot

Alright last one, then I will give it a few more days before I post the remaining pics for this day :) Great action shot with the dirt flying!

#225 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.