3" SL & 2"BL install this weekend in NY - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
kkolze

2000 Xterra
kkolze is on a distinguished road
We were able to get the SL done in about 7 hours, minus the torsion bars, which are rusted in place, the anchor bolts are absolutley shot. Im going to have the local shop go at them wed. and then align. The X looks like a monster right now with a lifted rear and stock height in the front.

Best advice was the ball joint seperator (Thanks M3C!!!), which i found last second at harbor frieght. Took about 5 mins to remove both.

We had to make some modifications to the rear brake lines. The fitting was rusted and wasnt moving. So we cut the lines and made a new connection.

I drove home saturday night without any issues and plan to re torque this weekend after riding around a bit.

Thank you everybody for your input and have a great Christmas!!!!
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 12-25-2012, 04:18 PM
dmac

2001 Xterra
dmac is on a distinguished road
When you do the body lift make sure to release the heater hoses from the clamp at the firewall. Don't and you take a big chance of breaking off the heater core nipples the hoses clamp on and create another job of putting in a new heater core. Did my body lift this summer and it was pretty straight forward. You had mentioned putting on 33's and I don't think without a body lift you could fit those. I put BFG mud terrain 33/10.5/15 on stock steel rims and they worked out great with just minor plastic trimming. I'm running full SLR upper control arms and steering and front diff drop.
2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.