Interior roof hooks - How strong are they? - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
><terra

2003 Xterra
><terra is on a distinguished road
Interior roof hooks - How strong are they?

Hey guys I've done some searching and haven't really found a clear reference to go from so hopefully someone can help me out.

I have seen tons of lobo rack ideas and got me thinking that it would be nice to strap an extra surfboard with the fins off to the interior ceiling/roof. How much weight can they hooks everyone is using for lobo racks support? I don't know the exact weight of my board but any insights would be great.

It's an 03 X if that makes any difference.
2003 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
They mount to the body so id say 40lbs maybe... All depends on what your adding
2000 Xterra
#3 Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
><terra

2003 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbandkgb View Post
They mount to the body so id say 40lbs maybe... All depends on what your adding
Just the board itself. No way the board weighs 40lbs but I want to be sure before I strap it up there. I would be using the 2 side hooks and then probably another support strap on the passenger handles since there arn't any hooks that I remember near the passenger seats. I have to look again
2003 Xterra
#4 Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
2000 Xterra
#5 Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM
><terra

2003 Xterra
Yep, that's the idea. That is a nice net, but I am perfectly set with some lashing straps/bungees. I am not going to be using it nearly enough to justify $100 on that net.
2003 Xterra
#6 Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
SnickerDoodle
Addict

2002 SE/XE Xterra
SnickerDoodle will become famous soon enough SnickerDoodle will become famous soon enough
you could always buy an extra handle and mount it on the drivers side. I took the ones from the back seat off and screwed it right in next to my head lol. I needed it when i was dealing with a knee surgery recovery.
2002 SE/XE Xterra
#7 Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
NoWhining
Veteran

2003 Xterra
NoWhining is on a distinguished road
I've ratcheted down heavy water bottles off of one or two hooks in the back without issue. I doubt you'll have any problems getting a surfboard to hang off of there.

Good idea to keep it inside with less chance of it becoming someone else's possession.

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too!!
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.