Sunroof Wind Noise - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I think ACE is the best place for bolts and small parts. I have spent 2 hours at a time looking at all of the small parts there at ACE

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Dan K

Dan K is on a distinguished road
OK - I pulled the bolt, brought it to a hardware store, found a match and added a lock washer plus a regular washer (it was a mm longer than original) and was good to go. The replacement was stanless steel, tho, no black available, so I will either track down a black or replace the black with a second stainless steel one (I bought 2).

What a relief. Was tough to get it back in without a second hand pushing down on top (the little rubber insulator would push up on the metal piece with the threads) but eventually I got it and the roof is closing tighter than the day I bought it new off the showroom floor.

THANKS!

- Dan

Black 2000 SE (lovngly maintained)
#13 Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM
X~Terror
AKA MIA Moderator

2002 2WD Xterra
X~Terror has a spectacular aura about them X~Terror has a spectacular aura about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerbrace
you own a truck
hahaha

2002 2WD Xterra
#14 Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
kms1990
Addict

2000 Xterra
kms1990 is on a distinguished road
had to bump this, very useful thread mine was driving me crazy and today in the car wash she spurted water on me through the sunroof the wind noise has been horrid since i got it in april that and an oil leak are my only 2 complaints. and now that i did this the roof closes tight and forceful now. so we will see tomorrow if at 55mph+ the wind noise is reduced or gone

MY BRIGHT AZZ LIGHTS!

MY STEREO BEATS EM ALL!
My Laundry List
LIFT()
MUD TIRES()
DROP IN K&N FILTER(X)
UPGRADE STEREO(X)
RESTORE BUMPERS(X)
HID AND PIAA FOGS(X)
FIX UP HEADLINER()
WINCH()
MUFFLER UPGRADE()
2000 Xterra
#15 Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM
kms1990
Addict

2000 Xterra
just to add to this if you take the little screw out of the plastic cover for the rear of the latch and pull the cover forward there are 2 m6x10mm bolts that can work loose and cause the latch to loose tension. when i went to tighten those one was almost completely worked free the other was slightly loose, so i went and got 2 longer (m6x20mm) bolts and some lock washers for em and so far that has helped it 100 fold it has no wind noise or vibrations anymore stays nice and flat.

MY BRIGHT AZZ LIGHTS!

MY STEREO BEATS EM ALL!
My Laundry List
LIFT()
MUD TIRES()
DROP IN K&N FILTER(X)
UPGRADE STEREO(X)
RESTORE BUMPERS(X)
HID AND PIAA FOGS(X)
FIX UP HEADLINER()
WINCH()
MUFFLER UPGRADE()
2000 Xterra
#16 Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
Are we talking about the screws toward the front of the truck. I tried getting mine loose yesterday to look at it, because the noise drives me insane, but I couldnt even get them to budge. Its like someone used locktite on them or something.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
#17 Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 AM
kms1990
Addict

2000 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by intender View Post
Are we talking about the screws toward the front of the truck. I tried getting mine loose yesterday to look at it, because the noise drives me insane, but I couldnt even get them to budge. Its like someone used locktite on them or something.
they are talking about the screws semi hidden by the latch that hold it to the glass, i found best way to get at those is lift latch up slightly and put screw driver through. i am saying mine on glass were tight so i pulled the cover off the back (where the handle rests when closed) its a small philips head screw and the reveals 2bolts that hold the latch to the roof (metal no the glass) 1of mine stripped while tryn to tighten so i went n got 2 longer ones (theyre m6x10mm long ,whats in there i got m6x20mm and lock washers)and so far no more road noise so try to tighten both it helps a ton

MY BRIGHT AZZ LIGHTS!

MY STEREO BEATS EM ALL!
My Laundry List
LIFT()
MUD TIRES()
DROP IN K&N FILTER(X)
UPGRADE STEREO(X)
RESTORE BUMPERS(X)
HID AND PIAA FOGS(X)
FIX UP HEADLINER()
WINCH()
MUFFLER UPGRADE()
2000 Xterra
#18 Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
Just looked at it again. all my screws in the glass are good and tight, but the two bolts under the cover were really loose. I tightened them up and will drive it around later to see if its fixed. I had always assumed the weather stripping was just worn out and caused it to whistle.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.