Heater not working - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Isotopecrunch
Noob

2007 Xterra
Isotopecrunch is on a distinguished road
Heater not working

Yesterday I got into my Xterra and started it up and the heater didn't come on. I tried all settings and nothing. I started to drive and it came on like normal. This morning I started it up and the heater would not work at all. I let the Xterra run for 15 minutes and nothing. No cold or warm air was being blown from the heater - it was deadly quiet.

Does anyone know what the issue may be and how I can fix it? Would it be coolant? Or is it a more serious issue? Thanks.
2007 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Bofenkamp

2003 Xterra
Bofenkamp is on a distinguished road
if it's quiet, (no airflow) it's likely be the blower motor or the switch, would have nothing to do with coolant. If it came on as you were driving somewhere, sounds like a loose electrical connection.
2003 Xterra
#3 Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Jermberg

2002 Xterra
Jermberg is on a distinguished road
Yes bofenkamp is right, the coolant is just responeble for heating the air up via ur heater Chor if it were clogeged it would not be warm air and you would probably be over heating, but the blower motor is resposible for blowing the air past the heater core witch warms it up in to the cab so if u have no air flow or noise I would suspect blower motor or blindoor.
2002 Xterra
#4 Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
Sounds like these 2 are on the right track.

Step one diagnosis is Determining if you hear the Blower motor AND if you have the correct amount of coolant in your X.
If you hear the Blower motor and the coolant check was good then check to see If the temperature after a drive is Under what it should be. If the temperature is not between 180-200 then than check your thermostat.

How long does it take your X to "warm up" If it is a long while you have a stuck open thermostat.

If your heater core is in fact getting hot and is not clogged and the blower motor is blowing then I would be suspicious of your blend doors.

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
#5 Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Isotopecrunch
Noob

2007 Xterra
Isotopecrunch is on a distinguished road
Thanks. After some further investigating and help from this forum, I believe it's the blower motor. I'me heading out after work to get one. Living in NL in December I need a warm Xterra!
2007 Xterra
#6 Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
iwashmycar
Addict

2003 Xterra
iwashmycar is on a distinguished road
Also check any responsible fuses and relays before dropping cash on a blower motor!

-Adam

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD AT

2007 (O|TOYOTA|O) FJ Cruiser 4WD AT
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.