S.a.s - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
andrewkoo
Noob

2002 Xterra
andrewkoo is on a distinguished road
S.a.s

hey everyone, my name is andrew. i have been a member for a little over a year but i have never posted anything. i have a 2wd 2002 nissan xterra with a calmini 3" sl, a 2" bl, and I'm looking to do a solid axle swap. i am just wonder what kind of front axle i would need and was wondering if theres anything else i need other than the calmini kit?
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
emmdock
Addict

2002 Xterra
emmdock is on a distinguished road
You'll need a 4WD conversion, too. Not a simple swap, you might be best off finding a rear-ended totaled 4wd X to buy to swap all the parts if you are set on keeping your current X, instead of selling it and getting a 4wd.

2002 Xterra XE 3.3 4x4 auto | JL 500/1v2 + 10W7 | Viper 5901 remote starter | Rear sway bar delete | Bilsteins all around | IAB | 2" DIY BL | KC HiLiTES on homemade roof bar | AC Shackles/PML | 33x12.5/15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar on Cragar Soft 8s | Skid Row skids | Yakima Loadwarrior | Beginning of a build thread

2002 Xterra
#3 Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
If you intend to use the Calmini SAS kit at the minimum you would need a transfer case, 4x4 auto trans, and rear drive shaft from a donor Xterra I think. If you were to go that route I'd consider a Calmini SYE and a custom rear drive shaft from say Tom Woods.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#4 Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
yellowbug
Phreak

01 Xterra
yellowbug will become famous soon enough yellowbug will become famous soon enough
x3 like everyone else has said inorder for your sas to work you would need the transfer case rear and front drive shaft donor axle.

As for your question on what axle to get all depends on you. If you want it to be the similar width as what you have now look for a D44 out of a jeep wagooner. If you want a full width axle then its up to you. I am putting D60's front and rear on mine soon. If you do full width up front you might want todo it in the rear also. What ever you do get a drives side drop front axle or you would have wasted your money.
01 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.