03 with Rockford Fosgate system head unit replacement - weird sounds - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #11 of 15 Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
idratherberidin
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2003 se/sc Xterra
idratherberidin will become famous soon enough
Very good! Is your X a SC? Even with GLI on mine I could still hear the supercharger through my speakers. Glad you got it fixed and didn't have to do what I did!
2003 se/sc Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 AM
LuvMyDux
Seasoned

2003 Xterra
LuvMyDux is on a distinguished road
I also have the Rockford system and tried installing a new DVD head unit today. I'm also having terrible hissing and interference noises coming through my speakers. In addition, I am hearing this fan like sound coming from under my X, have no idea what's going on? I connected and matched everything correctly on the harness to the deck. How do you connect this Ground Loop Isolator thing? I uninstalled everything and put back the factory deck cuz the noise was so bad.
2003 Xterra
post #13 of 15 Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
Delirious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr162 View Post
If its popping when the system first turns on, and also maybe when it turns off (but not in between) then its most likely a timing issue. You can get turn on delay modules online for under $20, and what they do is delay the amp turning on a bit so the audio signal is already on. The pop usually happens when the amp is already on and *then* the audio feed kicks on

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide App
1kohm resitor on the amp turn on wire USUALLY fixes "turn on pop" on factory amps
2003 Xterra
post #14 of 15 Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
rjr162
Phreak

2001 Xterra
rjr162 will become famous soon enough rjr162 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
1kohm resitor on the amp turn on wire USUALLY fixes "turn on pop" on factory amps
Absolutely can help, and is pretty much required on certain Fords (such as the JBL equipped Explorers)
2001 Xterra
post #15 of 15 Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
Delirious is on a distinguished road
also finds most nissans dont ground through the harness and gets their grounds in the ISO mounting brackets. most installed head units are only being grounded through the antenna (specially when using a plastic dash mounting kit)...not a good ground. run the HU`s ground dirrectly to a metal brace inside the dash cavity and usually all those popping, pulsing, altinator wine, etc noises will go away.
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.