Remote Start Question - Page 7 - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #61 of 74 Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Creepy Cruiser
I'm kinda wacko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
06 Zterra Xterra
Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold
So what we learned is, make sure you always take your ride to a real professional. (it's almost always cheaper in the end, lol).

I would still go after that installer for the cost of the repair. (If he did it to you, he has and probably will do it to other people also.). He clearly didn't know what he was doing. A real installer at the first sign of something going wrong, would have put it all back stock to check if it was a car problem or not.

Good luck, I hope you get some sort of restitution for all this.
06 Zterra Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
rjr162
Phreak

2001 Xterra
rjr162 will become famous soon enough rjr162 will become famous soon enough
My guess, by disconnect, is they removed the connections to the ignition harness, but that wouldn't make sense unless they left the +12v hooked up (or the +12v was being pulled from somewhere other than the main ignition harness)
2001 Xterra
post #63 of 74 Old 12-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Creepy Cruiser
I'm kinda wacko

06 Zterra Xterra
Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold Creepy Cruiser is a splendid one to behold
I was thinking the same thing.

I just doesn't seem like the guy knew what he was doing. He sounds like the guy that either couldn't hack it at a real shop so he went the craigs list route, or he was one of those guys that put in an alarm for a couple buddy's of his, and is now calling himself an installer, lol.

I've hired and fired or few of those in my day.
06 Zterra Xterra
post #64 of 74 Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
Delirious is on a distinguished road
High fives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

I just doesn't seem like the guy knew what he was doing. He sounds like the guy that either couldn't hack it at a real shop so he went the craigs list route, or he was one of those guys that put in an alarm for a couple buddy's of his, and is now calling himself an installer, lol.

I've hired and fired or few of those in my day.
as a fellow proffessional installer i am starting ta like this guy called creepy! my moto at my install bay is "pay me now, or pay me more to fix it later"
2003 Xterra
post #65 of 74 Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Creepy Cruiser
I'm kinda wacko

06 Zterra Xterra
Thanks, lol.

I've been in this game so long, that I used to install "8 track players" when they were cool, lol.
06 Zterra Xterra
post #66 of 74 Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
firedawg225

2011 Xterra
firedawg225 is on a distinguished road
So bringing this from the dead. What is a great system now a days?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2011 Xterra
post #67 of 74 Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
you n me both my friend...i am sure i am the oldest 12 contortionist in canada lol
2003 Xterra
post #68 of 74 Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
rjr162
Phreak

2001 Xterra
CompuStars are good units, DEI is still a good brand (I use Avital 4103's for side jobs). Laugh as you may, I like the Audiovox Prestige 687C units (the C has a DBI port so you can link to right to a iDatalink ADS bypass/interface module or a Directed interface/bypass unit.. the A and N don't.. well at least not the 687A for sure).

The ones I listed above either have a DBI port or a Idatalink port. Same use, just different "protocols". The port allows you to connect a bypass or interface module to the remote start just using a 4 pin serial cable... although depending on the remote start, firmware, etc you may need to wire some of the connections between the remote start and the interface manually

For example on a 2010 Chrysler Grand Caravan, you pretty much hook the remote start's +12 and Ground wire up (maybe parking lights I forget), and the rest of it is done via the interface. With the DBI/iDatalink port on the Prestige 687C, using the DBI firmware on the ADS AL-CA interface unit, all I had to do was plug the 4 pin connect between the remote start and the interface, and then wire in the connections from the interface to the car. Had I wanted to be even more lazy, iDatalink offers a pre-done harness for that make/model that I literally would have just plugged everything in and done. Would have taken the 30 minute install down to 15!

There's a lot of brands and sub-brands now.. so it is a bit harder to just say. DEI has so many different brands under their umbrella, as do other companies.
2001 Xterra
post #69 of 74 Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
big fan of autostart brand ....i know i know a cannuker company, but who knows cold weather better? LOL and been loving the iDatalink bypass/interfacing modules.
2003 Xterra
post #70 of 74 Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
rjr162
Phreak

2001 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
big fan of autostart brand ....i know i know a cannuker company, but who knows cold weather better? LOL and been loving the iDatalink bypass/interfacing modules.
Hey, iDatalink is a "cannuker" company as well and I wouldn't use another brand!
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.