Need HELP with tires! - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 11-28-2012, 03:20 PM
lbishop
Veteran

2004 Xterra
lbishop is on a distinguished road
Those dakota's should be a pretty good tire... I mean there made by cooper. The thing with mud-terrains though is they don't like the roads. and you absolutely have to keep em rotated.

The orginal st is a great tire. A little loud for an all-terrain, my dad ran them on mazda b-4000 4x4. Did awesome in the snow and the mud. I talked with a local tire shop and told them I was lookin at the st maxxs. they told me there a better tire than the st. On the st maxxs cooper took the outside cleats from the stt and re-worked the st pattern in the center. Which makes it a hybrid all-terrain-mud-terrain lol. Whatever they done its a killer tire.

work in progress

265/75/16 Cooper Discover ST maxxs
pro comp 7032
Calmini UCA's
prg deaver 2nd gen aal
4x4parts revolver shackles
grassroots 4x4 centerlink
3 inch bilsteins
bilstein steering stabilizer
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM
ddel65

2006 Xterra
ddel65 is on a distinguished road
yeah they look pretty good and you can't beat the price especially with 1 free haha. what do you recommend you rotate the tires at for M/T, 5000k? and i like the st maxx a lot its just like i said the one free definity is a real pull and the shipping cost is another 200 to me for the coopers
2006 Xterra
#13 Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

FREE SHIPPING FYI

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
#14 Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Xterror04
Phreak

2004 Xterra
Xterror04 is a jewel in the rough Xterror04 is a jewel in the rough Xterror04 is a jewel in the rough Xterror04 is a jewel in the rough
have you thought about goodyear wrangler duratracs? for snow they will be the best out of all the tires you have listed, I had over 30k on mine when i sold them and they had over half tread still, they look agressive but have great road manners, the falkens have awesome reviews, only bad thing i have ever heard is they look wimpy lol
2004 Xterra
#15 Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
ddel65

2006 Xterra
ddel65 is on a distinguished road
no i have not looked into them i might. again tho the thing that is really pulling me into the definite is the buy 3 get one free. that really helps cause my tire funds are tight. but i am definitely going to look at them they look good. and yes the falkens do look a little wimpy i agree. thats one thing keeping me away from them
2006 Xterra
#16 Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 PM
lbishop
Veteran

2004 Xterra
lbishop is on a distinguished road
ya dura-tracts are a good bet too... All are good options imo just depends on the look and what you wanna spend, u know?

As far as rotatin mud-terrains go, at the most every 5,000... Ive got a jeep buddy that rotates his km1's every 3,000.... the jury is still out on it but his tires have been on that jeep for about 3 years daily driven and are wearing awesome. Now i ran my stts to the 5,000 mark and chewed through them in about 30,000 miles.

work in progress

265/75/16 Cooper Discover ST maxxs
pro comp 7032
Calmini UCA's
prg deaver 2nd gen aal
4x4parts revolver shackles
grassroots 4x4 centerlink
3 inch bilsteins
bilstein steering stabilizer
2004 Xterra
#17 Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
I personally run the 305/70/R16 Falken High peaks and love them. Does extremely well in the mud as previously stated the falkens clean themselves very well. They ride very good-Look good and were not that much cost wise.

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.