Went to a local upholstery shop and the guy wanted $500 to replace my fallen headliner. SO I checked around and another guy wanted $450. So I said bunk that...and did it myself for under $100. Was really tired of the flat grey color and wanted to jazz it up a few notches...so I did.
Things I learned from doing it myself:
* It's not all that complicated to do. Just take your time and be careful.
* I went kinda wild with my new fabric. My GF calls it Disco Tiger. (see image)
* Use Wellwoods "Original" yellow contact cement on the side facing the passenger compartment. Worked from the middle out. Used a dough roller to smooth it out.
* On the other side of the liner I found out the Wellwoods was soaking into the liner (due to the corrugated/waffle texture of that side of it) and not creating a decent bond. So I used 3m's "98" spray contact cement and got the desired results from it. Sprayed and pressed the fabric around the edges for a decent cover.
* I used tiny colored zip ties poked through the fabric ( zip head facing the compartment area) to mark all the attachment holes and handle areas.
* Only minor tough point was getting it back in, so I called my bro and he came over and we got it installed in less than 20 minutes.
*Small pair of manicuring scissors and a small cut here and there to open the fabric...the hardware and handles went in very easily.
All in all it wasn't too difficult and I enjoyed doing it by myself. Plus I saved $400 in the process.
Hope this helps someone else.
here's the end results. http://imgur.com/a/11Lzx