Any thing Else besides ARB or Shrockworks - Page 3 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#21 Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
doug494...I will let someone else chime in with more details on an 05...

but keep in mind an 05 xterra will be a 2nd generation and these bumpers we are talking about here are for the 1st generation (00-04). Make sure before you decide on something it is for 2nd gen xterras!

Also...it may be tempting to just keep the stock bumper on it and add a bolt on brush guard...but be forewarned, the bolt on brush guards will cause more damage if in a front end collision, as the tube bars will fold in on themselves and crunch the hood and grill and headlights. The tube bars on one of these winch bumpers on the other hand are solid armor and will protect your car more. Just an FYI

As far as lifting, you shouldn't need a lift or upgraded suspension to use a bumper like this...but maybe someone with a 2nd gen can chime in here with more details...

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
doug494
Noob

2005 Xterra
doug494 is on a distinguished road
I hear you.

I already said no to a brush guard. It only takes a couple of pics from this site to make that decision.

Has anybody had experience with Iron Bull? I tend to like the look of their basic bumper with maybe a heavy guard.

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/nxterra.html#M

Last edited by doug494; 11-21-2012 at 10:02 AM.
2005 Xterra
#23 Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM
baadbreaks412
Noob

2001 Xterra
baadbreaks412 is on a distinguished road
I'm real happy with my TJM. EDIT: just realized you have an 05, still worth looking into though.

(sorry if pics are real big)

Last edited by baadbreaks412; 11-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.
2001 Xterra
#24 Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
dymond

2004 Xterra
dymond is on a distinguished road
would LOVE to see a nice lookin wooden bumper. would be original, cheap, and fairly protective i suppose. See,s like a tie would be too big but some other size. Anyone seen sompin like this?
2004 Xterra
#25 Old 12-18-2012, 03:52 PM
yellowbug
Phreak

01 Xterra
yellowbug will become famous soon enough yellowbug will become famous soon enough
That is hilarious. I had a neighbor in columbus ga that had a nice looking double 3" tube bumper from a jeep on his Chevy Colorado and had it mounted with 2x4s and bolts instead of making a bracket.

Anyways one night drinking to much and he went to move his truck out of the way so other people can get out and go a tree caught between the bumper and the truck and ripped it right off. Then ran it over. It was hilarious.
01 Xterra
#26 Old 12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
M3C.CA
Addict

2003 Xterra
M3C.CA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymond View Post
would LOVE to see a nice lookin wooden bumper. would be original, cheap, and fairly protective i suppose. See,s like a tie would be too big but some other size. Anyone seen sompin like this?

mongrel in the making
BUILD THREAD
2003 Xterra
#27 Old 12-18-2012, 04:06 PM
maillet282
Veteran

2009 OR Xterra
maillet282 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug494 View Post
I hear you.

I already said no to a brush guard. It only takes a couple of pics from this site to make that decision.

Has anybody had experience with Iron Bull? I tend to like the look of their basic bumper with maybe a heavy guard.

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/nxterra.html#M

Yup I am rocking the Ironbull bumper for my 09 Off road

I did have a couple fitment issues and the company didn't ship any nuts or bolts with it ( when I pay that kind of $$$ for a bumper and have it shipped to Canada I would Expect mounting hardware)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

if you want more info or pics let me know

build thread:
My 09 Xterra
2009 OR Xterra
#28 Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 PM
shu2kill
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
shu2kill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbishop View Post
RLC fab is turning out some sweet bumpers for the xterra!!! His prices are reasonable, if im not mistake in the 700-800 or so range dependin on how you order your bumper and with what options... Definately who ill be dealin with when I finally get around to gettin a bumper for mine. Hell work with you on the design too which is a big plus.
http://rlcweldfab.com/index.php/stor...roduct=9437397

Id stay away from tactical armor group. There's not awhole lot of love out there for them if you start doin research. Who knows they might have got there act together after changin names. But to me its a shot in the dark to find out.
wow, if thats "reasonable" i dont know what "unreasonable" would be...

when i got my jeep, i bought enough material to fabricate a front bumper with winch mount, and a rear bumper with tire carrier, for about $180 USD... im in Mexico, but i didnt knew prices in the US where so high... of course labor is much more expensive up north, and these i built myself, i already had a welder, grinder, and all the required tools...

i just got an Xterra, and im also building bumpers for it... i really like the bumper Roadwarrior posted, i know i can get a sheet of 1/4" plate for maybe $130, and that would be enough for a couple bumpers... ill document my progress as i go...
2002 Xterra
#29 Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Chopperjake

2001 Xterra
Chopperjake is on a distinguished road
I'll chime in here for a Canadian fabricator.

Brad at www.rockhardfabs.com does amazing work and his prices seem very reasonable compared to others. He does not have a lot of Xterra stuff on his website, but he can make you anything you need. Not sure what shipping would be like, but imo its worth looking into.

I am local and would be happy to lend him my 1st gen for measurements and whatnot.

Cheers.
2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.