Looking for an AUTOCAD file for a Rear bumper w/tire carrier - Page 7 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#61 Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
mjalaly is on a distinguished road
Finally got her finished and painted

2001 Nissan Xterra, AC 3" lift, 2" Body Lift, Shrock Sliders, Custom Tow Bumper/ Tire Carrier, ARB Bumper, Bulldog 8,000lb winch, Steering stabilizer, HD TRE ADJs, Calmini HD Torsion Bars, Gibson exhaust, 265/75/R16 Duratrac on steel wheels, Roto Pax (Water, Fuel), Recovery Kit, Hella 500's, CB/Firestick with 40Ch CB, Yakima LoadWarrior, Res Delete with K&N, Swaybar Delete (both), Bilstein Shocks, custom, shovel/ axe mount, HI Lift mount, Optima Yellow Top
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Godfrd824

2003 Xterra
Godfrd824 is on a distinguished road
That's real purty, but I'd prefer a door mounted tire carrier, not sure if it's possible though.
2003 Xterra
#63 Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM
GPD605X
Phreak

2005 Xterra
GPD605X will become famous soon enough
Whats the dimension differences in the 1st gen and 2nd gen? Anyone know? I'm sure 2nd gen is a little wider but not sure.

2005 X SE 4x4
BFG AT's 285/70R17's, 2" Front Lift Spacers, Wheel Adapters, Custom Painted 17x8 Mazzi Sphinx II Wheels, Totron 40" LED Bar, Custom Front Winch Bumper, Airflow Snorkel, Stubby Antenna, custom grill and X battery tie down.

Mods to come:
Rear Armor, Winch, Skids and Sliders
1st Gen Build Thread
2nd Gen Build Thread
2005 Xterra
#64 Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 AM
scott-bc
Seasoned

2000 Xterra
scott-bc is on a distinguished road
I wanted to make a similar rear tire carrier and i was interested what type of clamp(quick release), the silver one is that? Who make that?
2000 Xterra
#65 Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 AM
xtacular
Spaz

2002 Xterra
xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott-bc View Post
I wanted to make a similar rear tire carrier and i was interested what type of clamp(quick release), the silver one is that? Who make that?
Here ya go

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/2594/=k87gbz

2002 Super Black 5 Speed 4x4
Lift/Suspension: AC Shackles and UCAs, Extended Bilsteins, 2" BL
Armor: front ARB Bumper, rear Skid Row bumper with custom tire carrier
Steering: Bandit 4x4 idler arm bushings, AC HD TRAs, Calmini IAB; Moog TREs and 555 centerlink
Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, desert runner wheels
Performance: K&N intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler
Electronics: backup camera, Pioneer head unit, JBL 770w amp, JL Audio 12" W0, rear Sony Xplods
2002 Xterra
#66 Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott-bc View Post
This is the exact one I bought

Amazon Amazon

2001 Nissan Xterra, AC 3" lift, 2" Body Lift, Shrock Sliders, Custom Tow Bumper/ Tire Carrier, ARB Bumper, Bulldog 8,000lb winch, Steering stabilizer, HD TRE ADJs, Calmini HD Torsion Bars, Gibson exhaust, 265/75/R16 Duratrac on steel wheels, Roto Pax (Water, Fuel), Recovery Kit, Hella 500's, CB/Firestick with 40Ch CB, Yakima LoadWarrior, Res Delete with K&N, Swaybar Delete (both), Bilstein Shocks, custom, shovel/ axe mount, HI Lift mount, Optima Yellow Top
2001 Xterra
#67 Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
this is something I have been looking for. Gonna take these measurements to my steel guy and see how much he can get it for. i feel comfortable doing the welding myself, but I need to find somebody that can bend it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this thing cost total in the end. also whats the thickness on that steel, it looks thinner than 3/16, but it could just be the pictures.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
#68 Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
mjalaly

2001 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by intender View Post
this is something I have been looking for. Gonna take these measurements to my steel guy and see how much he can get it for. i feel comfortable doing the welding myself, but I need to find somebody that can bend it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this thing cost total in the end. also whats the thickness on that steel, it looks thinner than 3/16, but it could just be the pictures.
The most expensive part was the flat steel. $45. Bending was $20 and everything else I had lying around or got from a local place that lets you go thought the yard and buy scrap (most of it is really good) for $20 for 50lbs.

I machined the shackle mounts form scrap too. Latch was $40, light and bracket from a trailer supply store was $10.

So less than $150.

the steel plate is 3/16.

2001 Xterra
#69 Old 11-22-2012, 03:56 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
any chance you could put up the measurements for your tire carrier section. dont need the angles so much, just the length of the two upright pieces that the tire is bolted to and the length the actual holder sticks out

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
#70 Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
outcast12321

2003 Xterra
outcast12321 is on a distinguished road
Did you ever happen to post up the cad file of this, I would be interested in it if you don't mind. I would like to fab one of these up here in the next month or so.
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.