Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2002 Xterra
OceaniaAE-1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xterra Mike View Post
I love my KM2's. Had them over 2 years now and still have about 70% tread left but i have DD tires that i use when i'm not wheeling. Just went wheeling a few weeks ago and had no issues at all when everyone else was slipping on trails. I won't buy any other MT.
Yeah they seem like a real solid tire. I have a buddy who runs them in a 32 and he has had them for almost 2 years on his DD. Still look pretty mean to me.

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

She's paid off...let the mods begin
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
So to completely switch tracks now, as I have not been able to find much info on the 255's , I am looking at Duratracs 33x12.5x15. I will getting a body lift put on soon then Im going to order some soft 8s at the same time as the tires. I know I won't be able to get away with no rubbing but everyone who is running these, what did you have to cut to be free of bite?

Thanks

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra
post #13 of 27 Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceaniaAE-1 View Post
So to completely switch tracks now, as I have not been able to find much info on the 255's , I am looking at Duratracs 33x12.5x15. I will getting a body lift put on soon then Im going to order some soft 8s at the same time as the tires. I know I won't be able to get away with no rubbing but everyone who is running these, what did you have to cut to be free of bite?

Thanks
Very little on mine. At the time of the pics PML, 2" BL, but stock rims.

Trimming to the plastic piece behind the front wheel

And way more then I needed to remove on the front bumper. :P

Also had to run the steering stops out a bit to stop the tires from hitting the LCA's and the line guard plate on the passenger side frame behind the front wheel. Rear requires no mods.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
post #14 of 27 Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerXXL View Post
Very little on mine. At the time of the pics PML, 2" BL, but stock rims.
Thanks for the info and Pics Racer! Were you running the same tire? I was really leaning towards the tall skinny's but now I'm digging the fatties a little more. Having a 3" suspension lift instead of a PML shouldn't change much right? Since the tires will still go to the same spot when stuffed.

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra
post #15 of 27 Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the info and Pics Racer! Were you running the same tire? I was really leaning towards the tall skinny's but now I'm digging the fatties a little more. Having a 3" suspension lift instead of a PML shouldn't change much right? Since the tires will still go to the same spot when stuffed.
Didn't change at all on mine when I went to a 3" SL. Yes running 33x12.5x15 Duratracs with the PML and the 3" SL.

-Kelly- Build Thread

2000 XE V6 Xterra
post #16 of 27 Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Good deal. Thanks. Yeah the more I'm checking out other rigs, I think I'm liking the wider stance a lot more. Thanks for the info. Is that your daily driver too? If so, how has the wear been on those?

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra
post #17 of 27 Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Quote:
Didn't change at all on mine when I went to a 3" SL. Yes running 33x12.5x15 Duratracs with the PML and the 3" SL.
Also, running a bigger tire like that, how did your steering react? Did you have to beef it up or did you notice that it stayed pretty sturdy with the bigger contact patch?

Thanks,

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra
post #18 of 27 Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
Garage
Quote:
Good deal. Thanks. Yeah the more I'm checking out other rigs, I think I'm liking the wider stance a lot more. Thanks for the info. Is that your daily driver too? If so, how has the wear been on those?
Yes it is my DD but it's only an 8 mile or so round trip to and from work. My tires have 25K on them right now and appear as if they will go another 10K but they will be flat out dead at that point. The wear is mainly on the current steer tires and due to a poor alignment, my fault, so I think they may be able to go 40K if treated correctly.

Quote:
Also, running a bigger tire like that, how did your steering react? Did you have to beef it up or did you notice that it stayed pretty sturdy with the bigger contact patch?

Thanks,
My steering survived a whole week with 33's before the centerlink gave up. My guess would be the centerlink was already mostly toast and the 33's just pushed it over the edge. Xterror04 has had fairly good luck with 33's and the OEM centerlink but also did not have the 160K miles mine did.

For the last two years I've been running 33's, AC TRA's, a TC IAB, and a Grassroots centerlink and my steering has zero play in it.

-Kelly- Build Thread

2000 XE V6 Xterra
post #19 of 27 Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Quote:
Yes it is my DD but it's only an 8 mile or so round trip to and from work. My tires have 25K on them right now and appear as if they will go another 10K but they will be flat out dead at that point. The wear is mainly on the current steer tires and due to a poor alignment, my fault, so I think they may be able to go 40K if treated correctly.

My steering survived a whole week with 33's before the centerlink gave up. My guess would be the centerlink was already mostly toast and the 33's just pushed it over the edge. Xterror04 has had fairly good luck with 33's and the OEM centerlink but also did not have the 160K miles mine did.

For the last two years I've been running 33's, AC TRA's, a TC IAB, and a Grassroots centerlink and my steering has zero play in it.
Ok cool, yeah I already got the IAB with the SL package and I was already looking at upgrading the steering and getting some tougher TRA's and TRE's. Didn't know about the centerlink so thanks for the heads up on that. Any kits out there that swap everything in one shot?

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra
post #20 of 27 Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
OceaniaAE-1
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Or any suggestions on good parts for the TRE, TRA, and Centerlink?

~Brian
2002 Xterra SE 3.3
------------------------

2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.