Stereo whine, help! - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#11 Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
MaximusXterrious

2007 Xterra
MaximusXterrious is on a distinguished road
I'd like to resurrect this thread

I have a stupid whine in my system as well. I went through all the wiring and all the wires running to the amp are correct and not damaged. Tell me about this noise filter and where u got it? I too have a low grade hu it's a okou I bought for $140 it's a 7 inch DVD/CD/ipod/Bluetooth knockoff ...I thought I'd give it a try since a comparable hu would be over $800! If it's the deck is there a way to find out? I'd really like to try this noise filter thing.

2007 Nissan Xterra X
Upgraded Sound System
2007 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
So what your saying is that your head unit has a dedicated subwoofer output on the back, but it is a single rca connector. i assume you have your amp bridged with a single sub aswell. you should get a splitter and connect it. it will cut down the gain voltage coming from the head unit, but you should still notice a substantial gain from the sub if your head unit has a subwoofer level control. if not, then it will be roughly the same only not crossed over by the head unit again this assumes you have bridged your amp to a single sub.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build

Last edited by intender; 11-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
2000 SE Xterra
#13 Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
It sounds to me like something isn't properly shielded. If the new wiring going to the components is cheap wire then they'd be susceptible to picking up electro magnetic interference from other high output devices. So the permanent solution would be to make sure all of the wiring is the proper rating... but baring that I think something like this is what they were talking about as far as a noise filter goes: Electrotronics

Good luck!
2005 Xterra
#14 Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM
MaximusXterrious

2007 Xterra
MaximusXterrious is on a distinguished road
my door speaker wire is 14 gauge wire and the subwoofers have 12 gauge from cadence.. I think the wire is up to par i ran the 0 gauge amp power wire down the driver side and the blue amp wire down the passenger to avoid the buzzing and still ended up with it...I think ill try this noise filter you attatched...i thought it was just wired in the hu red power wire..I take it the blue and black wire to the ground and amp turn on wire?

2007 Nissan Xterra X
Upgraded Sound System
2007 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.