Stupid mods and repairs - Page 10 - Nissan Xterra Forum

#91 Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 AM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
Some X's came without racks? that is a crime against the Xterra. Man I took mine off to clean the debris out and The sight of the X without the rack made me rush my job to get it back on. They look terrible without the rack o.o

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
layzangler

2000 Xterra
layzangler is on a distinguished road
When I bought my x there was no radio in it so my dumbass goes to Wal-mart. I paid like 120 for the cd player and 35 for a "universal install kit" what a bunch of crap. The harness was useless because the wires had been cut and it didn't have the right den adapter. I had to buy another install kit from Ebay for another 20-30 can't remember, and had to mod that one to work as well. For future reference use Crutchfield there stuff is high but there cd players are very reasonable and they come with free harness and install kit, I'm prety sure it would be the right one too.
2000 Xterra
#93 Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
kms1990
Addict

2000 Xterra
kms1990 is on a distinguished road
bought 4 tires for $600 realized ntb had same brand and mileage for $360 for 4 installed took them back and got the difference but PITA for me

almost got the used car dealers "warranty" on it for $200 decided not to thank god

ordered a sunroof shade for it from stealership wanted $140 (fyi still havent heard back from them after they called me to say it was backordered) after they showed to have one in Tennessee bought one from a memeber here arrived a few days back love it and under half the price even with shipping
(luckly didnt pay dealer anything yet)

MY BRIGHT AZZ LIGHTS!

MY STEREO BEATS EM ALL!
My Laundry List
LIFT()
MUD TIRES()
DROP IN K&N FILTER(X)
UPGRADE STEREO(X)
RESTORE BUMPERS(X)
HID AND PIAA FOGS(X)
FIX UP HEADLINER()
WINCH()
MUFFLER UPGRADE()
2000 Xterra
#94 Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Ricel
Phreak

2002 Xterra
Ricel has a spectacular aura about them Ricel has a spectacular aura about them
Learned why you don't spin the steering wheel when it's not attached to the gear box.

Airbag horn and cruise control is dormant waiting on a new spiral cable to be replaced.

Lock that wheel down!

-Curt
2002 Black Xterra SE 4x4

Build Thread
:Lets just say its getting to be an expensive mod list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Everett View Post
I'd rather attempt to put together a 5000 piece puzzle of nothing but blackness than set the pinion lash on a Dana diff.
2002 Xterra
#95 Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 AM
drivesarollback
Noob

2004 Xterra
drivesarollback is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerbrace View Post
Before arriving at the forums, I made quite a few

First-K @ N FIPK- did this 2 days after I got the X. Why was it stupid, because I was just going off of the brand and not going with the concept. I just got a K @ N HAI(hot air intake)

Throttle body spacer-yeah.....I got one...(had one)

entire Gibson exhaust system. Basically I bought the entire system and all that I should have got was a muffler- then I spent $120 for them to weld it on. Now I have a chrome tip that needs some rock rash

AC Body lift-spent the $200 and used hardly any of it

Calmini SL- besides not buying their shocks. this was a stupid purchase. I bought the entire thing, not knowing that a 3" SL could just be accomplished with UCA's, shackles. and an AAL, and I would have done without the sway extensions and the bumpstop extensions

As far as repairs go-I had a shop fix a wheel bearing using 2 screwdrivers for $40.

Already bought the TBS, did the K&N at first, but I just got a volant. Was thinking calmini SL was looking like way too much... I've got your list from the cheap BL page and I'm about to do that after taking off the exhaust before putting on the new one and fabbing new bumper/grille. Should I just return the TBS or something? I'm bending and welding my own DT Headers-back exhaust.

As far as repairs and maintenance like that wheel bearing you mentioned... can I pretty much read up on how to do all of that stuff on this forum? It seems pretty complete to me. Just kind of scared to mess up my X is all.
2004 Xterra
#96 Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
@drives a rollback
I am sure that even without a DIY on this forum that if you run into trouble as you are doing the job we would all love to chime in and help.You can also probably create a thread if you cannot find one in the search asking for tips or suggestions.

@thread Luckily I Found this site before I started modding my X so I have been able to avoid the stupid purchases and mods .

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
#97 Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Gigashadow
Seasoned

2003 Xterra
Gigashadow is on a distinguished road
I don't know how I just found this thread, but I'm all about forum necromancy.

Repairs

Currently repairing a bad EGR that I feel partially responsible for breaking, and the tap / die kit on my desk next to me means I'm going to have to rethread part of my intake manifold.

Mods

Previous owner only did the stock intake resonator removal halfway before quitting for some reason. The resonator by the evap line on the driver's side wasn't bolted down (no biggie) and the other one by the intake temp sensor(?) is missing with the piping exposed to the air. Quick fix.

Sent via intergalactic signal from The Light Universe, courtesy The League Of 20,000 Planets.
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.