Just Rollin' In - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
wolfpup
Noob

2010 Xterra
wolfpup is on a distinguished road
Just Rollin' In

Hi folks, great forum. Had no idea there was a club just for Xterra owners.

My Jeep Liberty met its demise due to a 60 mph connection with an early morning deer.

Couldn't find another one comparable in my neck of the woods and settled on a 2010 Xterra. For the most part, Iím glad I did.

The whole salesman experience is not something I want to repeat and was disappointed at the tires on the vehicle when I went to pick it up. Found your site looking for better tires for winter.

Iíve always liked the BF Goodrich All Terrains but their site says that they donít fit the 2010 Xterra??

Can someone recommend a good tire for these rigs. We get a fair amount of snow but the highways are generally pretty good. I need something dependable off road as well.
2010 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
BFG AT T-KOs don't fit the Xterra? Websites are funny

Don't worry there are plenty of Xs on the site running those exact tires. They're definitely on the more expensive side of AT tires, but they're fine, just get the right size like from Discount Tire and it'll be fine. Other than BFGs there are lots of people here running Toyos that seem pretty happy with them, I've got Nitto Terragrapplers on my X and they've done me great so far.

Sorry to hear about a poor dealership experience, but with that over you can start enjoying your X, and I'm sure you'll find there's plenty to enjoy. It does awesome in all sorts of conditions.

Welcome to the club and we'll see you around!
2005 Xterra
#3 Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
wolfpup
Noob

2010 Xterra
Great information Revu, thank you.

Never thought about a hitch in the website, just entered my make and model and it came back, "Sorry, don't fit."

Toyo's hey, I'll look into those. And never heard of the ones you're running, they sound interesting. Off to google it is.

Again, thanks for the head's up on the potential goofiness of the BFG site. Glad to hear they fit. My jaw almost hit the ground when I got that response.
2010 Xterra
#4 Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Sure thing!

In fact this is the size right here off of Discount's site: Discount Tire

Yeah a lot of website databases go by a list that keeps track of make and model which is too much for most places to keep up to date. I find it a lot better to get the size of tire your vehicle uses and then use a calculator like this one: Rims n Tires to find compatible tire sizes, and then do searches for those sizes rather than the the vehicle type. I also probably spend way too much time researching stuff

Have fun!
2005 Xterra
#5 Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
FYI: You can go all the way up to a 33" tire for your stock Xterra. Just something to think about.
2001 SE Xterra
#6 Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the Club.

If your looking for a cheaper tire I opted for the Falken High Peaks. Nice Riding AT tire for only $200 a piece
(BTW My tires are upsized. 305/70/R16 33's)

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
#7 Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
wolfpup
Noob

2010 Xterra
Those are the tires Revu, you are good. And thank goodness for researchers like you. Glad I posted, was hoping to tap into that kind of knowledge.

I don't know much about tires only that BFG's give me the highway ride I like and have never failed me off road, yet.

The ones I have on there now are 70's and the one linked is the 75's. I'm assuming they should fit??

Well that's great information guys, just what I needed. I'm going to play with that funky calculator and check out those other brands.

Much appreciated.
2010 Xterra
#8 Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
No problem!

Yeah those will fit no problem, they're still less than 32". So if you wanted you could actually get a bigger tread like the 285/75-16s, like these, and they'd still fit height wise, though you'd need to do the Melt Mod so they wouldn't rub when turning the wheel all the way because they're a little wide.

Yeah now I'm just getting geeky, I need to go to sleep Have fun with those toys!
2005 Xterra
#9 Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Ehlectric

2002 Xterra
Ehlectric is on a distinguished road
Welcome! I just put on some Cooper Weather-Master WSC tires, and I gotta say pretty freaking sweet. Haven't gotten snow yet so I can't tell you how well they work there at least on the X. My dad has them on his Tahoe and frig, are the bloody good. http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Winte...ASTER-WSC.aspx Take a look there. To be honest I'm not sure on the price as I have a deal with my tire guy.

'02 Xterra Supercharged 4WD

My plans:
Paint plastics to black [1/2]
Fog Lights (fixed) [X]
PML or bigger lift [ ]
Air Intake Mod [ ]
Brakes [X]
CB radio [ ]
Breather Tube [ ]
2002 Xterra
#10 Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
yellowbug
Phreak

01 Xterra
yellowbug will become famous soon enough yellowbug will become famous soon enough
Welcome to cx.

I run cooper stt and they ate an awesome tire but if you don't want a mt than check out coopers at tire. Good aggressive look and nice road manners.
01 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.