Collecting for The Red Cross. - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Collecting for The Red Cross.

On December 10th my buddy Scott will be collecting clothes and other items for the red cross at his Karate Studio. Then on December 15th he and i will be loading up our trucks and heading down to The Red Cross in Ocean County (exact location to be determined) to deliver the items. Everyone is welcome to join in our convoy. If you would like to donate items let me know and we will make arrangements to meet up. This is the Facebook event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/490013977699058/
2001 SE Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
CMD
\m/>_<\m/

2003 Xterra
CMD will become famous soon enough CMD will become famous soon enough
I can give you a pint of blood. Got it somewhere around here in a jar or something...

When I go home i'll grabe some clothes together..

- Sean

Totaled - 2003 XE - 3" SL, 2" BL, Sliders and Skids, 33" MT's
Build Thread - Warthog

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?p=515519#post515519]"Second X"

Ohh, Second Gen? Typical....
2003 Xterra
#3 Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Ha ha ha nice!
2001 SE Xterra
#4 Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Garage
Update. The red cross is only accepting "New" clothes and supplies.
2001 SE Xterra
#5 Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Stickle
Phreak

04 Xterra
Stickle will become famous soon enough
Putting this in the best terms I can. So many people have bleeding hearts because of sandy the red cross has been showered with donations. Im not the biggest fan of the red cross because of some of their business practices but there are many other org. that are helping the effected people of the storm you may want to look into them first

I drivers an Exterraz!
04 Xterra
#6 Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Garage
What other organizations are on site?
2001 SE Xterra
#7 Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
Not to get in on political stuff, but the Red Cross really does do a lot to help as many people as they can. There are a lot of practices they have to abide by that I don't agree with but a lot of it is passed down from government regulations and not so much a policy of the Red Cross itself.

I'm sure the other big boy, AmeriCares, is out there. Though there also has to be some other local volunteer emergency relief agencies that could use some aid.

Maybe someone from the area could post links to those groups as alternatives for folks to make contributions to? I'm sure any agency trying to make a difference would appreciate the assistance right now
2005 Xterra
#8 Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Garage
Decided to donate to a local church in Point Pleasant that is helping with the victims of Sandy instead of dropping stuff off to the Red Cross. While down there we drove around and looked at the damage.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...andy%20Damage/
2001 SE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.