air recirculate - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
mike51705

02 Xterra
mike51705 is on a distinguished road
air recirculate

i normally keep the air recirculate function on to help cool the xterra better on the hotter days but ocassionally turn it off to let some fresh outside air in...with that being said i have noticed that some outside air is coming into the cabin with the air recirculate button pushed on like maybe it's partially open...has anyone else experienced this? and what might be the culprit?

2002 XTERRA S/C 5 SPEED (STOCK)
02 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Cyclemut
Most Halal Mod

02 Xterra
Cyclemut has a spectacular aura about them Cyclemut has a spectacular aura about them Cyclemut has a spectacular aura about them
Even though the door is closed, it won't completely shut off the outside air. If it's allowing a ton of air into the cabin, then maybe the motor is sticking, but a little bit of air is normal.

Especially helpful when your wife farts inside the truck and doesn't tell you. You don't want to smell that forever! It's worse than my dog. In theory (women don't fart, from what I've been told).

Nissan Sport Magazine
The world's only Nissan specific mag!
02 Xterra
#3 Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
mike51705

02 Xterra
mike51705 is on a distinguished road
yes its very minimal but i really had not noticed it before so i was thinking maybe the door was staying open a little...and from what i understand females are under the impression that their farts smell like strawberry shortcake-i on the other hand beg to differ my friend lol

2002 XTERRA S/C 5 SPEED (STOCK)
02 Xterra
#4 Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
also if you have it set to front defrost it will always pull air from the outside. Not exactly sure why they do it that way, but every car I have ever owned does that.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.