RickyRadd
Noob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2007 Xterra
RickyRadd is on a distinguished road
Window Issues

I joined to get info and DIY's for my wife's 2007 Xterra. I tried searching to get an answer, but no luck. Both of the front windows are struggling to go up. I learned from a member on here to bump my fist on the middle section of the door while holding the window button and that works. Are there common issues with these things? I want to get some advise from you guys before I go and buy a new window motor. I'm hoping it's just the regulator or something. Any help would be great!

Thanks.
2007 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
I don't have any pictures, but I've changed a power window control box on a few Nissans before. Normally it's a box that is screwed in just under the control switches and has a bunch of wires that go to it and disappear into the harness. When the electronics are dying inside that box the windows won't go up or down. But I've always had good luck just taking a working one out of a junked equivalent model and installing it inside my door panel. I'd say there's probably something like that going on since an 07 should be too new for the motors to be dying yet.

Good luck!
2005 Xterra
post #3 of 6 Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
RickyRadd
Noob

2007 Xterra
Thanks man. I'll take the panel off this week and see what I'm getting into.
2007 Xterra
post #4 of 6 Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 PM
robcarync
Phreak

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
I'm not familiar with this issue on xterras personally, but check the window regulator...I have had to replace a number of them on other cars i have owned. I had a 95 maxima and the window regulator had some small steel cable wrapped around some pulleys and what not to pull the window up...the cables ended up getting bound up and would keep the window from going up properly...had to replace the entire regulator. I'm not sure of the type of regulator the xterra has though...but check it out when you get in there.

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
post #5 of 6 Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
RickyRadd
Noob

2007 Xterra
Thanks guys. Any real science in taking the door panel off? I'm not to familiar with Xterra's as I'm subaru guy, so I just don't want to break something on my wifes daily.

Edit - Nevermind. I found this http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/xterra..._procedure.php

Last edited by RickyRadd; 11-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.
2007 Xterra
post #6 of 6 Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
robcarync
Phreak

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
The science for any door panel:

1) Remove any clip on trim pieces/buttons
2) Remove any phillips screws that are typicallly in the handle area
3) Yank the door panel straight off the door, yanking the christmas tree clips out
4) Unhook wires behind the panel

Works on any door panel...just gotta look and see where the trim pieces and screws are

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.