Nissan XTerra Forum banner

YellowX16's Build Thread

12K views 131 replies 22 participants last post by  yellowx16 
#1 · (Edited)
Current Pic:
[/IMG]
I FIgured id make a build thread of my progress so far. Im 17, this is my first vehicle, a 2002 yellow x. So far this is what ive done
-Pioneer deck, 31 inch bfg's
UPDATE:
Just installed my new ARB winch bumper, new grill, and new rear bumper, also removed the resonators, kenwood subwoofer, rockford fosgate type rf components, and mtx amp

Here are some pictures after waxing it, and with the new tires

Updated bumper pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68060846@N04/6193274586/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68060846@N04/6193274586/in/photostream
2 Inch Body Lift installed, new rims, shocks installed

See less See more
#27 ·
Thanks for the input midget28, ill have to thicken up those tabs when im home. I dont really see a point of making a winch bumper with recovery points..but whatever. And yea ive gotten that talk from my dad plenty of times haha. Thanks for the advice.

#28 ·
...It doesnt sound as badass as sliding a corner but trust me having a perfectly clean record at any age pays alot more than any fun night.
Is this Midget giving responsible advice?! What is the world coming to!?

:angst-big:

#29 ·
Is this Midget giving responsible advice?! What is the world coming to!?

:angst-big:
I clearly stated I have never listened to it Rob lmao. Do as I say not as I do kinda thing kinda like dont take a grinder to your truck even if you can fit bigger tires after lol.

#30 ·
How did you relocate your ARB? Looks like you were able to leave those diagonal supports under the frame horns?

#31 ·
I wish i had taken some pictures...If i remember right i just drilled two new holes on each side of the frame a little higher up and bolted it in. I didnt run the bolt all the way through the framehorn though, i bolted it right up to one side of the frame horn to keep the original design of how the arb was bolted. I also had to cut the ends of the frame horns at an angle a little bit. I cut off that tab that bolted to supports under the frame horn, im just waiting till i have some time to weld it back on with a bracket or something.

#32 ·
Ive done a few things over the last month, heres a quick update. Driving home from college, my exhaust managed to fall off from the y-pipe back, so it was time for a new exhaust. I went with stock piping (much cheaper) but a new flowmaster 40 series muffler. Ive also changed my front marker lights to blacked out ones and put in an led bulb from ebay. They work great so far. Finally, i also added rear recovery points and 2 rigid dually flood lights just never got around to post them up here. Exhaust video looks backwards because i took it with photobooth on my mac.

Rear tow points:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

ARB smoked marker lights and Rigid Duallys
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Exhaust Clip
[/URL][/IMG]

#34 ·
They sell them at pep boys/autozone. Theyre in the towing section i think, they come in black i painted them yellow.

#36 ·
Not really, i had to drill a second hole on each side of the frame because the ones for the hitch didnt line up exactly. I kept the frame stiffeners on there too for added strength. Also had to trim the bumper a little bit so the hooks could fit but other than that it was pretty easy. Only took about an hour or so.

#37 ·
Are those the original lights in your ARB? I like em!

#38 ·
thanks! Yea theyre the original size and everything. The lights in our ARB bumper are actually Volkswagen MK1 marker lights. I found the smoked ones on ebay for 11.99, they have clear ones too.

#39 ·
Cool, thanks. That's really good to know. Did you just replace the lenses?

#40 ·
Yea no problem, and no i also replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs. I bought those on ebay, they are 1156 bulbs. I just typed in 1156 led bulb on ebay and they came up, there are a lot of options so i just bought the most popular ones. Theyre really bright and have held up well so far, i can post night pics if youre interested.

#41 ·
Not really, i had to drill a second hole on each side of the frame because the ones for the hitch didnt line up exactly. I kept the frame stiffeners on there too for added strength. Also had to trim the bumper a little bit so the hooks could fit but other than that it was pretty easy. Only took about an hour or so.
Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the info!

#42 ·
Just got an early christmas present from my girlfriend...calmini rear shackles! Hopefully have these installed soon. Stay posted!
[/IMG]

#44 ·
haha thanks man!

#45 ·
Finished the pml, got an alignment (250 dollars later), also did an HID conversion on my pro comp 6 inch lights. They made a huge difference and i am definitely happy with it. So heres some recent pics.

#46 · (Edited)
One hid installed, one halogen, the hid kit is a DDM tuning 55 watt 5000k kit, i am definitely happy with the color and performance. Once warmed up these lights are incredibly bright, they operate at a lower temp than the halogens did, and they only draw 2 amps. Her is the comparison of halogen to HID.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Here are some night pics too
High beams, rigid duallys, and HID converted pro comps
[/IMG]
High beams, rigid duallys
[/IMG]
Just high beams
[/IMG]
Finished my pml too, got enough adjustment out of the front to just barely keep my 1/2" gap, and i ended with a 1" rake, will post pics tomorrow.

#47 ·
PML pics, just some quick shots i got at the park, hopefully some real action shots soon!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#49 ·
Yea thats what i heard! Im really happy with them so far, a lot brighter than halogens for sure.

#51 ·
thanks man! yea I'm loving the pml, I should have done it months ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.