Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What have you done for your X today?

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  mhamor 
#1 ·
Let's hear it! It should be an ongoing thread. Whatever you did, big or small!

Today, I:

Uploaded photos onto a USB, hooked it up to my HU, and put my fiancee as the screen saver. She is hot.

#9,252 ·
Magnaflow Exhausts were all rusted out so figured might as well do a muffler delete!

Sound clips to follow.. when I have extra time

#9,253 ·
Ordered upper control arms!

#9,254 ·
Monday I installed four Bilstein 5100s, took a 140KM rally race for me to realize that my old ones weren't going to cut it. Today I plan on putting two 55W KC flood lights on the rear of my roof rack.

Thinking of ordering a Snorkel...?

#9,257 ·
I mounted the lights on the brush guard this afternoon. I wasn't able to connect them because some of the wiring wasn't with the kit. I'll make my own wire and inline fuse setup using better gauge wire. I only bolted the lights down snug so I didn't aline them or anything.
These lights were from Harbor Freight. They are 100w bulbs which are supposedly the same as the KC 100w bulbs.

#9,259 ·
cleaned and waxed, although it may snow on tuesday. also cleaned my k and n filter and filled er up and put a fuel treatment in to help keep er all clean oh and put a new rear wiper blade on (mine was torn up)

#9,265 ·
its amazing what a bit of a mind game vehicles can play

we took the gen1 x to IHOP today. Listened to the kid (16, 18, and 22) cry the whole way there about no room in the back. its what, an inch narrower and leg room is about the same, just the seats are lower between the gen1 and gen2.

#9,266 ·
scraped the snow/ice off windshield so i can just drive off to work tomorrow. dont see snow like this in texas much, first Christmas day snow fall in 40 years here in the dallas/ ft worth area! funny how my sisters mazda 626 doors got stuck shut we had to use a heat gun to open them the x's opened right up as if nothing had changed. the x loves the snow, i dont though because i have to wash er after it all melts, and i gotta be sure to get all the road salt off!

Attachments

#9,269 ·
Here is the finished pic of the back-up lights. Wired into the reverse lights as well as on a stand alone switch. Wiring from the front to the back of the vehicle sucks because you end up pulling out 1/3 of your interior panels. Anyway it is done and I now look forward to backing up!

Attachments

#9,271 ·
Here is the finished pic of the back-up lights. Wired into the reverse lights as well as on a stand alone switch. Wiring from the front to the back of the vehicle sucks because you end up pulling out 1/3 of your interior panels. Anyway it is done and I now look forward to backing up!
Maybe next time run it inside the roof rails?

#9,272 ·
Replaced my shot UCA bushings and in the process found a torn CV so I replaced an axle as well. 2.5 years and 24,000 mile on the UCA bushings and the CV boots and axles were originals with 185,00 on them.
Man, only 24k on the UCA bushings? Mine are in the mail... I wasn't planning on replacing the bushings every couple of years. I assume you were good about greasing them, do you think the wheeling played a part?

How's that working out for you??? I want to put MT90 in my 2nd Gen. Yours is it a 1st Gen??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
It's great stuff! Double check your manual but it looks like it's compatible.

#9,273 ·
Today I replaced my PCV valve, fuel filter, temporarily fixed an oil leak by tightening the screws on the passenger side valve cover, painted air dam/basket/headlight bezels, and am currently installing OEM fog lights on the X (didn't have them from the factory) a Christmas present from the wifey!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

#9,274 ·
Today I replaced my PCV valve, fuel filter, temporarily fixed an oil leak by tightening the screws on the passenger side valve cover, painted air dam/basket/headlight bezels, and am currently installing OEM fog lights on the X (didn't have them from the factory) a Christmas present from the wifey!
If possible, could you find out where those fog lights came from? I'm looking to do the same thing to mine. Thanks!

#9,275 ·
She got them from eBay, a company called www.me2motorsports.com . Lights are made by Winjet part# WJ30-0097-09. Comes with everything you need, even if your X is not pre-wired for them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#9,276 ·
Didn't do anything for it but took it up to the mountain. Didn't even have to go into 4wd.