Nissan XTerra Forum banner

4BT Cummins

20K views 85 replies 36 participants last post by  roninjiro 
#1 ·
I've been seeing alot of rangers and other small trucks doing a complete 4BT Cummins swap in the trucks and was wondering if anyone has ever done it to an X?

#2 ·
None that I have heard of but I would be all about it. You would have to get a new gas tank.

#4 ·
I have had that in the back of my mind for a while!!!! I am a huge deisel fan!!
A cumming in the X would be an strait up Xterra of the century!!!

#7 ·
I have had that in the back of my mind for a while!!!! I am a huge deisel fan!!
A cumming in the X would be an strait up Xterra of the century!!!
Cummins*

;)

I believe the sas'd X with the LS6 is and always will be the X of the century but it will be a close 2nd.

A Diesel in a X wouldn't be a new thing.. They have been putting diesels in x's for years over see's..

A lost member has a 05 first gen somewhere thats pretty sweet.. One of a few diesel guys that posted up at here at one point.

#8 · (Edited)
I have also been thinking about this, since I got my X. I have owned a Dodge quad cab dually deisel for many years and am amazed how a 3 ton plus weight truck can get almost 20mpg, all cipped out, with huge intake, 4 inch turbo back exhaust and my lead foot driving. I mean this thing makes huge power and I know the 4 BT also can make huge power. I tow a almost 40 foot toyhauler (trailer with a garage)and it is always overloaded with all my Earthly possesions and a motorcyle and a quad ATV and it still manages 15 mpg.
I will think about doing this, if my engine dies. The 4BT is a great engine and is very durable, but heavy as all get out and will need some deep thinking to make it work. They are very tall engines and that alone makes a very difficult job to fit one in an X.
I really would like to see this happen!
Itsme

#14 · (Edited)
#15 ·
All Xterras and Frontiers here in Brazil are Diesel's. We don't have gas ones.

The first gen of X began it's production in 2003 w/ a 2004 model and ended in 2007, as well as the previous Frontiers.
Nissan didn't continue w/ the 2nd gen X's here. Only Pathfinders...

Their model years don't line up with ours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.