Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Who has headers on their 1st Gen?

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  phrog man 
#1 ·
So who has them? Which company did you go with? Doug Thorley or AC?

Was thinking of getting some and removing the cats since my X isn't on the road any more.

#2 ·
I have Doug Thorleys. They're kind of raspy but no real complaints.

#3 ·
AC on mine and they can drone but I think that is mostly due to the NISMO exhaust. Replacing the muffler soon so that should fix it. I had my drivers side crack a weld at the collector but we are fairly certain it was due to us making the custom downtube on that side to short so a lot of strain on the header itself.

If it were me Jason they are so close I would by the cheaper of the two.

#6 ·
AC headers with Gibson exhaust. Nice low rumble.

As a trial buddy said when I got bogged down in mud spinning my tires, "You're good and stuck, but you sound GREAT!"

Reactions: oldXontheblock
#8 ·
Bothe front/upper cats went bad, replaced them with the thorley and the rest is stock. I love em, just give a raspy edge to the rest of the stock system

#10 ·
I plan on getting some after tax season. My stock manifolds are cracked really bad on both sides. Been in the process of finding somebody that will inspect afterwords since they do a visual inspection for cats here. If I cant find somebody to inspect it I will have to go back with stock crap, and I hate to spend good money on stock equipment when there is better stuff just begging to be installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.