Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Power Window Problem - 2000 Xterra

13K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CynicalBard 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an issue with the driver's side power window. For a long while, in order to roll the window up, I had to push the switch a little to the side and apply a little extra pressure when pulling up on the switch.

Rolling down was never an issue. Now, however, that little trick doesn't work and the window won't roll up at all.

I have removed the master switch assembly from the door and wiring. How can I test to see if it's the master switch box or something more? Can I test anything first without having to take apart the entire door?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Alright, I actually figured this out on my own and thought I share in case someone needs help in the future (Hi future, do we have hover boards yet?!?!)

WARNING: I'm a complete idiot when it comes to electrical work so don't take any advice I give here without taking the appropriate safety precautions. I'd tell you what the appropriate safety precautions are but I have no idea...I'm that clueless.

I found a wiring diagram on nicoclub.com (link was found on this forum) and after a few hours of trying to figure the damn thing out, it hit me that I could bridge a couple of the wire connections together to try roll up the window without having to use a switch (duh right?)

I connected wires 2 (white) and 16 and then 10 (black) and 12. It rolled right up. So looks like it is just the switch.

#5 ·
an easier way to get windows up are to take wire from the + on your battery and put it right to the window motor itself, bypassing EVERYTHING. that SOB rolls up quick too. thats also a good way to discover whether or not it is the motor that is bad.

E-bay is definitely the way to go for a new switch. i think i was in about $55-60 shipped.

#6 ·
Thanks - for the little things

Thanks to all you posters for asking and answering things like this. I have been looking for this for awhile & was even wondering if the vendor listed would be reputable. Here on my first day on the forums - My questions answered.
I'm ordering this morning.

Sometimes these little questions are the most frustraiting to find simple answers to.

I appreciate all the helpful attidudes I am finding here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.