Nissan XTerra Forum banner

How hard is it to install subs with a stock stereo?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hotshoe17 
#1 ·
Looked around and couldn't find much and was wondering how hard it is to wire in subs and an amp into a stock stereo in my 06 SE? Does anyone have pictures of how they hooked up there wires? and how they secured their box?

#8 · (Edited)
buy a nice high level converter (converts speaker output from head unit to an amp friendly rca output) the good ones will use the audio signal to turn the amp on as well. the high level adaptor will come with the wiring instructions (i use wires brand at work) and an amp wiring kit will show u how to generically hook up an amp. you could also choose an amp with high level in, but you will need to find a switched power to trigger the amp on. heres a link to your basic wiring info http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/DISTORTED_WUN/my X mods thread/IMAGE0020.jpg but you are on your own for wire colors for the speakers. i usually use opposite corners for speaker signal, so that front rear fade and left right balance has no effect on the sub. an amp with a remote gain control is also a great idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.