Nissan XTerra Forum banner

New member from MA

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  paintballcars 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a black 2012 Pro 4X. Loving it so far! Have about 150 miles on her. Went from a Pontiac GTO to this but haven't looked back.

I'll be using the X to get through the sand dunes during the summer, in the snow during the winter, towing BBQ smokers and daily driving to the city. Also a much more comfortable ride for my American Bulldog vs the GTO!

Couple upgrades I'll be looking to do:
- Melt mod for 285s
- 2.5" lift/leveling kit
- Nav/touchscreen/backup camera in dash (thinking JVC?)
- Heated seats (it has the leather package already)
- HIDs in all the headlights, foglights, offroad lights
- Trailer tow package (I built custom BBQ SMokers and Grills and go to tailgates often with them so this is a must)
- May build a beefier rear bumper
- Chip/intake/muffler for a better throatier sound.
I can already feel the mod bug coming on again...

- Mike

See less See more
#8 ·
#9 ·
NeXterra is the North East Xterra Club. Great set of people. Check it out at NeXterra.org

We have a winter run this Saturday in Sturbridge area with about 20 trucks signed up. http://www.nexterra.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6747
Sounds like a good time. I've got about 700 miles on the Xterra...I may wait a little longer until she breaks in some more before taking it "offroad" though...I just joined the nexterra forum though, so I'll keep an eye for more events come spring time. I go do to duxbury beach all year round for hunting/fishing in the winter and just to hang out, drink beers and have bon-fires during the summer.

Are most trail runs you guys host "stock" friendly? I don't see a lift coming for atleast a year or so. I DD it right now to work so I'd like to keep it close to stock suspension wise for a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.