Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Parked Rollover Rating?

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  intender 
#1 ·
I got to around 30 degrees the other day and that was enough to make me pay some serious attention (for those veterans I'm sure your comfortable sitting on the passenger but for us noobs it was sure fun!). I've tried to look it up but it doesn't seem to be a hot topic so its why I ask. I'm curious how far a first gen xterra parked can safely lean before rolling? Lets assume its has no gear in it or on the roof and it is the 4WD model. Anyone have a link to this or know a factory spec?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Always been curious of this too...

#6 ·
I'll draw a free body diagram and make a physics problem out of it later :D

#8 ·
Wow some serious angle there midget28! nice x as well! I'm talking a bone stock or just a pml lifted x for simplicity sake. once it gets lifted passed that you just have to be wary. But is there a true angle measured by nissan for the max parked rollover rate. Don't want to check it myself haha!

At speed it doesn't matter since you can roll a car at any speed really.

#9 ·
Theres just to many variables to put a standard number on it.
Things like :
tire size
tire pressure
tire ply
suspension strength (springs wear out over time)
shocks (same as above)
ground softness
vehicle weight (even between the same make and model theres going to be differences)
wind speed

And theres lots more I dont feel like typing.

#10 ·
How many passengers are in the car...how much they ate for lunch, etc

:D

#12 ·
Did some digging on another forum and they were guessing 35-38 but like the rest of you are saying i think there are just too many varriables...

But more pics of crazy angles would be sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.