Nissan XTerra Forum banner

You Ride Motorcycles?

• Hell yes I ride!

Votes: 91 54.2%
  • I have a beater in the garage, but I'm rarely on it.

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I know how, but that's it....

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • Oh hell no, whaddya think I'm crazy?

Votes: 12 7.1%

You Ride?

30K views 113 replies 78 participants last post by  indyxterra 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many of us ride a bike.

I ride a lightly modded Suzuki SV1000S, so it stands that I'm a member of SoCalSVRiders.org

:)

#77 · (Edited)
2006 GSXR 600 and a 2012 V-Strom 650. I must say I love the new strom. Hopefully the pic attaches..... just snapped a quick photo.

edit: A couple better photos now that I'm at a computer....

Sent from my Motorola using the AutoGuide app

Attachments

#78 ·
I have five bikes right now, but I'll be getting rid of my Shovelhead this weekend. I'll still have the Ultra Classic:

Here's my 74 Sportster:

Here's my 04 West Coast Chopper:

Here's The Wife's 07 Big Dog:

And here's the 75 Shovel Head:

#83 ·
I ride a Harley Wide-Glide and my wife rides a Harley Fatboy. She made the mistake of making a comment about my bike once and I told her to get her own...and she did!

Obviously I don't have it overseas with me right now, but this past sumer we did 6 days and 2500 miles on the bikes, hit SD, WY, ID, WA, OR and MT and a bunch of national parks.

#85 ·
Wow, Sliprobb. I guess that is why they say that there are only two types of motorcycle riders, those that have crashed and those that will!

#87 ·
First bike was a HD Sporty 1200XL, few custom bits: Arlen Ness bars/mirrors, forward controls, solo seat, smoked signal lights

Last one was a heavily modified 1979 Honda CB750 cafe-racer style: Home-made seat, front end swap from an 82 Nighthhawk, wheels swapped for aluminum mags, carbs from a 83 VFR, 4-1 Kerker header, frame supports chopped and rewelded, Ninja 500R rearsets and pegs on custom brackets, custom made clip-ons, no turn signals and custom plate/tag mount. Sold it before I moved out here to Washington, looking for a new one now :D .

Attachments

#88 ·
My first legal bike was a SV650S had that for 5 years. Sold that and bought my Harley Street Bob in 07. Had that till June when I was hit. Bike was a total loss and I am recovering still. Shattered my left foot, broken right foot and ankle, and a fractured wrist.
I would love to ride again but the wife is putting a stop to that for a while. Hence how I ended up with my X. Needed something better on gas then my truck since I used the bike as a mode of transportation instead of a weekend rider. I am still gonna ride my Rm250 in the woods and I have a old 78 Yamaha TT500 I need to restore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#91 ·
1972 Harleydavidson Superglide panhead. OLD SKOOL

#95 ·
#96 ·
All my life,many Harleys and a couple Yamahas.

My currant ride (had this one 12 years now)

#98 ·
Sweet thread! I ride a Ninja 500 as of now, but would love to own the new Kawasaki 650r. Liter bikes would be sweet, but I need it for commuting so gas is an issue.
My bike is 1600cc and I still get 30+ per gal in town as long as I'm not hammering the throttle a bunch.
(probably around 24mpg when I do)

#100 ·
Got rid of my GSXR earlier this year after having it for 6 years since it was new. Before I sold it I bought a new V-strom 650, then I was itching for something more dirt oriented and picked up a 2009 KLX250S, gutless with a slight wobble (spoked wheels, need some better truing) but a blast.

Nike hanger in the background.

I have pelican side cases and a top case for the strom as well, first bike with hard luggage and it's awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.