Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Hard vibration after 40mph after replacing CENTER SUPPORT BEARING.

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  chupakabras 
#1 ·
Hi guys,. i have a 2003 Nissan Xterra 2wd with Auto trans. it has like 110k,
i started hearing some loud noises like from a bearing drying out and it turns out that the center bearing support was very worn out,. a lot of play and almost lost all the ball bearings, so, i only had noises but not a single vibration. so, i bought a new one at AUTOZONE,. i replaced that part without any problems, everything came out and in very easy,. i marked everything to put it back in the same place, splines and u joint, and now, after hitting 40mph its starts vibrating, a hard vibration below,. and increases with speed,. i did inspect the u joints and they were like new, so, that just happens yesterday, so far haven't done anything to fix this because i have to work, but, i don't know, i just replaced the center support bearing and that's it, so, should i put another one? another CSB i mean,. what do you think? t hks.

#4 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED,. well, was my fault,. when i replaced the center support bearing, i marked everything to put it back together the way it was in the first place, but,. somehow i missalign the fron driveshaft because i didn't removed the rear one in the first place because you don't need to, so, to fix this, i just turn it 180 degrees, and problem solved,. smoth as silk, not a single vibration, not a single noise,. like new,.,. so, see yahh guys,.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.