Nissan XTerra Forum banner

First gen x with pml sitting crooked?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  robcarync 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need help I don't know what's going on with my x but I'm hoping someone can chime in here. I have a 1st gen with a pml using ac shackles and obvious tb crank. My problem is that over time my passenger side has damn near returned to stock height while the driver side has retained the same lift it had. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here. It's the whole passenger side front and rear that has dropped. At first I was thinking maybe the tb on that side loosened up but I checked it and all is well. I'm at a loss here and really want to fix it because it looks stupid lol. Ill try to snap a pic of it when I get out of work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 · (Edited)
Front torsion bar adjustments will change ride heights on all 4 corners as it changes the weight distribution.

If your t bars drop the lift...its one of 3 things:

Either your bars sagged...and you need to compensate for them...

The bolt is somehow unscrewing, allowing the adjustment to slip out

your bolts are secure but your splines are stripped, allowing the bar to slip in the anchors.

I would start by adjusting your pass side again to the right bump stop gap...and use a paint pen to mark your t bar to your adjuster finger/anchor...and a mark above the two nuts on the bolt...

If it sags again...see if the lines are in the same spot....if your anchor splines are still aligned, you know your anchors are gripping the splines right. If the mark on the bolt is in the same spot (say...1/2" above were your lock nut was, etc) then you know your bolt is in the same location. If both of those are good...then you know the rotation is coming from the torsion bar itself and its simply losing stiffness.

Also...make sure you have even tire pressure/tread on all 4 corners...that will kinda screw with your height measurements too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.