Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Cup Holder Doo Dads..

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cc2fingers 
#1 ·
Hi!
There used to be a guy in another club that made or had a source for the rubber inserts to keep stuff from rattling in the cup holders. These were pretty heavy duty and permanently mounted in the holder. Anybody heard of such a thing?
Cc

#3 ·
re:

Thanks for your reply!
I didn't explain it very well. But what I am looking for is a fairly high density foam rubber that sits in the bottom of the cup holder to keep drink cups from sliding around and rattling while driving. I think the factory inserts on the X are pretty useless, so I stored them. I did try some of those dash pads you can get at the parts store, but they are pretty thin. So there was this guy in the... Excuse me for saying.. Piloteers news group who was die stamping foam rubber inserts for their rides. Also, My Dodge van came with foam inserts from the factory that keeps everything in its place. Just thinking it would be useful to have the same item in my X. I'll keep looking and I do find something, I,ll post it.
Thanks!
Cc

#4 ·
You could use some of the rubber tool box drawer liner. I usually purchase mine from Sears but I'm sure it can be found elsewhere.

#6 ·
When i was in AC Moore (craft store) this weekend, I noticed they had hard foam circles they were selling for the cupholders. They were marketed as :decorative: with some having patterns and other with scenes on them. I Personal took the coasters I got from WeatherTech that were made to look like the floor mats and just cut them to fit. Works wonders and i can just pop them out to clean them if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.