Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Does anyone have a supercharged xterra

34K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Tofast 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a supercharger for my 2010X
Anyone have suggestions on which manufacturer to get it from?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#2 ·
Some dude has an X with one, he has videos of himself on Youtube opening one up on the highway, the sound made during shifting is pretty crazy

#4 ·
I was wrong, the video I was talking about- its a turbo, listen to this thing, its awesome!

Someone's gotta know this guy

#5 ·
Man I want mine supercharged so bad.... Any recommendations for brand?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#6 ·
An aftearket supercharger would be great, but history around here shows that it's not that simple.
First you need the SC. Then the whole wire loom for the engine, then the SC ECU to handle the pressure and then a bunch of small doo dads and such off the other engine.

In all seance, most going down this track find its more cost effective to trade in their NA to get a SC model.

Now I'm not saying it can't be done, but before you go running to the junk yard to pick up a SC, browse the board for some more info. Hell, if you price it out and it ends up not being that bad, by all means,if love to see the swap!!

#13 ·
i have a super in my X and boy will i tell you.. they create more power than stock engines an help alot when ya wanna get up steep hills. personally i love the sound they put out. when ya romp on it, it turns heads. from what i hear aftermarket can range from 1000 all they way to 3000. the superchargers that nissan has in the 1.5 gen is an Eaton M85. the newer gens dont need a super due to a more impoved engines with better horse power, were the old gens lacked power. hope this helps.

#14 ·
The guy with the supercharged 2nd gen is SexTerra (no affiliation to the X club). He was a member here years ago. Probably circa 2006 to around 2008 or 2009 for his last post. He was in Virginia. I haven't followed the aftermarket parts for the 2nd gen in a long time but then and probably still, Stillen is the only option for a supercharger on the 2nd gens. He reported a dyno of 330hp after the install if that helps you decide. :3d_049:
Ahhh. He speaks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.