Nissan XTerra Forum banner

CX ATV/MX riders!

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  zachkurth 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many other riders we had on the forum!, tell everybody what you have,what kind of riding you do, and post a pic!

Heres mine, '97 CR250R two stroke,mostly trail riding, and some track.
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a cool looking bike! I bet it blasts through sandy trails really good!

Awesome idea on a thread for some toys, so let's see here...

My dad and I have a couple of rough terrain exploration vehicles that say Yamaha Grizzly 660 on the side :biggrin: Mostly we use them to explore bad back country trails that are too rocky and narrow and steep to get larger vehicles through. They're not much on speed, but they can get pretty much anywhere.

I've got better pictures of them somewhere... One too where I rolled off a mountain with mine... But here they are at a more recent trip where we found the end of a road that led to an old mine shaft in the Chiricahua Mountains in Arizona.

#6 ·
I was going through my old camera and found these shots from last year. This was from a trip into the Coronado Park east of Tucson.

Much better shot of here of the two Yamaha Grizzly 660 ATVs

Some of the trails off of Reddington Pass are just hills followed by steep downgrades. But it was a really enjoyable trip...

...until this happened.

Hit a loose gravel patch going around the corner of a conical turn slid right off the path. Tip for others: ATVs are heavy when they're rolling over you... So if it's going over, let go and let it go without you.

We pulled out the winch cable and tow straps and started pulling it right back up the side of the mountain. The interesting bit was while we were cleaning up all the debris that fell off my ATV we found parts and equipment from other vehicles in the same spot.

Once we got it to a better spot we assessed the damage. The bars were all bent and pinching body panels as you can see, and one of the control arms was bent a little too though not too badly.

Mechanically though, it started back up and I actually was able to drive it back to the truck. We fixed up all the bent parts and I still take this ATV out to the trails whenever I get the chance.

Really fun machines :biggrin: and I bought mine used in 09 for about $1600, and it's an 02 model.

It's so great getting to see things that you know only a handful of people will ever see :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.