Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Pics of 1.5" Wheel Spacers for 1st Gen.

19K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  xxterra_ab11 
#1 · (Edited)
I searched all around for pics of 1.5" spacers before I bought mine but couldnt find any...so Heres some pics of mine if anyone is looking to get some! First two are before and the other ones are after.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
looks good man

ps. any pix you see of my xterra with the stock wheels(either painted or not) im rocking 1.5" spacers

#8 ·
look good ..but do u really notice the difference?

#9 ·
I got them off ebay for 150 shipped. They are built very strong, I put some thread locker on to ensure they dont back off. I def. notice the difference...looks much more aggressive to me.

My tires are 31.6" so when I put on the spacers I had some rubbing, nothing bad just a little trimming on the front at full turn.

#10 ·
yea man, a 3" wider stance is significant, and it will definitely be noticeable in the handling

#11 ·
i dont see why you would have to trim, w/ 32" i have 33" and just had to adjust torsion bar up and you cant even tell the stiffness with 33 m/t's. when you come out it should allow you more space to play with, with the bigger tires. i wonder if i can get 2"inch spacers for this thing and any suggestions for shackle extentions and should i go with an air adjustable shock. im not really worry about stiffness as i said the 33 absorb some of that and the billstiens im rockin are fairly good im just wondering if i could get a lill more hight out of the air shocks? way to go with the extentions. ive been wanting to put them in but everyone has been saying your crazy, they're super dangerous. ill give it a go if you say there ok. email me at g1trashbag@yahoo.com with any other tips please as i am an xterra noob. not a nissan noob though ive owned nissan for 10 years. my trashfinder is another love of my life excecpt the frame and minnifold that i have to try to keep up with. my x is the younger bigger sister though they look like twins in features.

thanx dave
mass 04 sex on 33 75 R 17's
her name is marina and shes smokin

#12 ·
Ive heard 2" spacers start to get risky safety wise. If you think about the edge of a tire making a curve, with them out wider there is a larger curve, thus making the larger circle hit the plastic. Without spacers you prolly wouldnt need to trim 33 unless youre actually wheeling it. Get a good set and put some thread lock on. I installed mine, then about 100 miles later I took of the tires and tightened then again.

#13 ·
I got them off ebay for 150 shipped. They are built very strong, I put some thread locker on to ensure they dont back off. I def. notice the difference...looks much more aggressive to me.

My tires are 31.6" so when I put on the spacers I had some rubbing, nothing bad just a little trimming on the front at full turn.
Who was the seller im trying to find these for my x on ebay but it only shows ones for the 2nd gen.

Thanks,
Michael

P.S. Your X looks sweet!!! I plan on doing a lot of the same stuff you have! its good to base what itll look like!

#14 ·
Seller name : completevalue
Search for this item: Toyota/Nissan 6 Lug Truck Wheels 1.5" Wheel Spacers

Thanks for the compliments, I wish mine was black so I could black everything out too! Im painting my bumpers black today, and waiting for my VHT tail light paint to come

#15 ·
oh nice yah i love having a black x and then the rims and windows just make it look way better and i bought that stuff and did mine and messed them up really bad when you do the tailights do it in a bunch of light coats and let it dry. They dry darker then what it looks like i put two thick coats on mine and it turned them completely black like you couldnt see my brake lights at all during the day! So i had to take them off and im in the process of slowly painting them again,,, I think im gonna put another coat on tonight actually and im painting my rusted out back drum brakes and anything else that looks rusted from the side! be sure to post plenty of pics!!!

#18 ·
#20 ·
Spacers are 'safe' as long as they come from a reputable manufacturer and the bolts are frequently re-torqued (or at least checked). They also put a lot more stress on IFS components if the truck is wheeled hard with spacers so keep that in mind.

$150 shipped for all 4 spacers is reasonable but I've learned the hard way that items from Fleabay can be questionable quality and spacers are one thing I would not take a chance on.

Trail Gear sells a 1.5" spacer kit (pair of spacers and hardware) for $85. They are quality units that get beat on hard in some seriously built trucks. I have two buddies who run TG spacers in their wheelers and they've never had any issues with them.

#21 ·
Yeah just got to use ones that have been used by many. For example on FJs I know of many dozens of rigs that run Spidertrax. Sadly I dont see any for XTerras on that particular site, even though the pattern and studs are the same!. I think it is the Centerbore that differs.

Hubcentric is certainly the best if you can find them for your specific application.

#23 ·
Spacers are 'safe' as long as they come from a reputable manufacturer and the bolts are frequently re-torqued (or at least checked). They also put a lot more stress on IFS components if the truck is wheeled hard with spacers so keep that in mind.

$150 shipped for all 4 spacers is reasonable but I've learned the hard way that items from Fleabay can be questionable quality and spacers are one thing I would not take a chance on.

Trail Gear sells a 1.5" spacer kit (pair of spacers and hardware) for $85. They are quality units that get beat on hard in some seriously built trucks. I have two buddies who run TG spacers in their wheelers and they've never had any issues with them.
Noticed Trail Gear does not seem to carry spacers for the Nissan Xterra unless the Nissan patrol is the same difference?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.