Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Tires

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  SC-Texas 
#1 ·
Can I fit a 275/70/18 tire and wheel on a 09 Xterra S without rubbing and such?

USA
:smile:

#2 ·
Probably not...unless you melt back the plastic at the front wheel well out of the way to make the teeny amount of clearance you'll need to clear them. "Melt Mod"

32's fit stock, and those 275/70/18's are roughly 33", so they protrude a bit more than 1/2" more (~ 0.65" or so depending on which tire exactly)

Some people can fit 33's w/o any melt mod, but there's a bump in the plastic wheel well liner that touches the tires on most 2005+ X's.

There's nothing behind the bump...so people just use a blow drier or heat gun to melt it down so its not sticking out any more.

:goldzahn-big:

#3 ·
Gotcha, thx!

Gents - What is the easiest and cheapest way to get a couple inches of lift? I will not do this myself so I will need to pay a shop too.

Recommendations? What do you think this will cost?

Thanks in advance,

USA
:smile:

#4 ·
i think based on all your new thread maybe you should do some searching on this forum and thenewx.org
as for lift there are both bodylift and suspension lift options. how big depends on your pocket book.
nissanonlineparts.com sells a 2in body lift for about 200 bucks. and then suspension lifts can range from 250 bucks to endless. what u want to spend depends on the amount of lift and quality of lift.
like i said earlier checking out the lift options on both sites will help and also not create so many threads

#5 ·
you can only fit 285 75 16 or the equal. which is about a 33x11.5x16. the only way to get any bigger is based on widening the stance with longer upper and lower control arms(front) and wheel spacers in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.