Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Greetings & Salutations!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Prawn 
#1 ·
New member here, just picked up my 2012 Pro-4X on Tuesday (election day). Decided on the pro as I've spent much too much money on mods and time in the garage with my other vehicles and now I just want to enjoy the ride so to speak. Figuring with the upgraded goodies from Nissan I'll be good as I'm not planning on rock crawling or anything extreme. So far it's a dream. Prior to the X I've only driven my previous car twice a week tops- enjoy the commute via 2 wheels if ya know what I mean. However I've been really loving the ride of the X and havent put on a helmet since last Sunday. Hope the bikes aren't getting jealous!

Anyway, good to be a part of the family now and I hope to learn more about the big girl!

Cheers,
Prawn

#4 ·
Oh it always starts with getting the vehicle that already has what you need so it doesn't need modification... I remember when life was that simple... Well.. maybe not really... A lot of us around here probably just have modding in our blood :biggrin:

The Pro-4x is definitely an awesomely capable vehicle. Have lots of fun and welcome to the club! :biggrin:

#5 ·
Welcome. Yes the PRO is nice, but it still won't keep the mod bugs away if you are so inclined. I've been under it the last 2 weekends doing something or another. I thought the same thing, get a PRO and not need upgrades, that lasted all of a week, now I'm torn over what I want to do, get upgraded skids or add sliders, rear bumper, lift..... I need help!

Have fun!

#7 ·
Seriously, yesterday I caught myself looking at Nismo parts for her. I was like, "Damn, Nismo supports the truck line as well!?" Then I closed the browser lol.

Has anyone purchased/installed the lockable gas flap? Thoughts on this addition? On that topic, what about the top storage compartment, is there a lockable handle available?

TIA, I know these are probably super n00b inquiries.

Cheers.

#9 ·
I bought the Pro4x with similar thought. It had all the fixin's and I wouldn't need any mods. I held out for just under a year. Now its sportin' a 2.5" front and 1.5" rear ProComp lift sitting on 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2's.
I know it'll be tough, but I'm going to give it a shot lol. I think I'll be okay as long as I stay away from the buy/sell forum on here. I'd like to thank the mods for putting it all the way at the bottom. Out of sight out of mind!

#10 ·
Finally uploaded pics.

Prior to the new Photobucket I was having trouble uploading pics, but now I can! Here she is a couple days after I picked her up and then getting her dirty yesterday when a few friends and I went out shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.