Nissan XTerra Forum banner

jeep bumpers on gen ones

13K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Steeze 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any jeep bumpers that will fit first generations? If they can be made to fit it seems like it may be cheaper to find one off of a totaled jeep.

#2 ·
I'm sure that you can make one fit, however, it will look crappy at best. I know there are others that have made other bumpers fit (xterror04 and his Toyota front bumper), however, Jeeps are about as flat as flat can get on the front, and the 1.5 gen X like you have isn't known for its 90 degree angles on the front. It may be functional, but it would be terribly ugly.

#4 ·
I know one guy did front and rear bumpers from a jeep... Can't remember his SN but it didn't look bad, but it didn't look great either.

#5 ·
Here's one thread Jeep Bumper brackets FS?

The one guy, He had a Black 1st Gen and he lived in NY or NJ I think... I'm doing some searching

#7 ·
#9 ·
Having owned this bumper.. I think this one could work.. You will need to fab new mounts...

I paid 150 including shipping 2 years ago... Looks like they are 200 now.. plus ..maybe 100 to have a mount made... and it could be sweet.. The rears IMO would never look right...
How wide is it? That's the issue is finding one wide enough to look right.

#10 ·
How wide is it? That's the issue is finding one wide enough to look right.
Agreed. That bumper would make the X look like one of those people on Moonshiners with only two bottom teeth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
That one has wings on it so it looks a little better. I agree on not bad, but it's not great either.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.