Nissan XTerra Forum banner

I hate my Xterra key fob!

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Prawn 
#1 · (Edited)
Am I the only person who thinks the key fobs that came with my O7 OR are terrible? I mean it. It works ok but I hate the placement of the buttons. I have unlocked when I want to lock and hit the alarm key too many times. It may be that my fingers are too big ok or maybe it is too small itself but I wish I could get one a with the buttons laid out better.
My .02. There, I feel better now.:biggrin:

#2 ·
bobber said:
Am I the only person who thinks the key fobs that came with my O7 OR is terrible? I mean it. It works ok but I hate the placement of the buttons. I have unlocked when I want to lock and hit the alarm key too many times. It may be that my fingers are too big ok or maybe it is too small itself but I wish I could get one a with the buttons laid out better.
My .02. There, I feel better now.:biggrin:
I can't help with the button placement, but you can make the panic button less sensitive. I did this with mine and it worked like a charm. See http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=276

#4 ·
Ok!

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'm going to do it to mine.
What pi***d me off was coming out of a drugstore the other day after 15 minutes inside finding my X's horn alarm blasting away. I must have touched the button while putting my keys in my pocket as I walked into the store.
This should solve that problem!
Thanks again.

#6 ·
#7 ·
i have a 2002 X but u have to hold the panic button down for 5 secs before i will do anything... the buttons are so worn u cant see any thing but black n red lol

#8 ·
I had an 07' X and noticed that it happens because the separate key and fob press up against each other and end up pressing buttons. I hate the separate fob anyway. I went to the dealer and got a blank key for a 2010 Rogue and had it cut and programmed for my X. It's $20 - $30 dollars cheaper then the separate key and fob for the X. It also gets rid of the extra crap on your ring that causes buttons to push.

#9 ·
I had an 07' X and noticed that it happens because the separate key and fob press up against each other and end up pressing buttons. I hate the separate fob anyway. I went to the dealer and got a blank key for a 2010 Rogue and had it cut and programmed for my X. It's $20 - $30 dollars cheaper then the separate key and fob for the X. It also gets rid of the extra crap on your ring that causes buttons to push.
I wonder if that could be done for a 2000?

#11 ·
I never really had a problem with the original key FOB on my '07 X, but I ended up getting an aftermarket remote starter installed for about $150 and that came with a much different FOB. The buttons are depressed more into the unit itself so pushing them takes a little more effort, and they really look like they can't be pressed by accident in your pocket.

I knew a guy that owned a Dodge Durango who would constantly set his alarm off from inside the office building we worked in. The front desk secretary was constantly telling him that he had to turn his alarm off.

#12 ·
This is a great idea! I'm going to look into this soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.