Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Heard an Exhaust Rattle found this.

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  crisone 
#1 ·
Where the rattle came from

And then I found this rattling around between the heat shielding and exhaust piping
(thank you creepy for providing a perfect white contrasting background )

This was between the heat shielding and exhaust pipe

WHAT IS IT!?
looks like some sort of bracket because it it bent to the radius of the piping and has what looks like 2 slots for bolts to secure it down.

I heard it while accelerating from a stop while turning right or left sounded like a bean in a tin can lol
also made it do the noise while parked in drive and turning wheel BARELY right then BARELY left just enough to up my RPMs slightly

See less See more
#2 ·
It's no biggie, very common, just throw a hose clamp on it. Or a lot of people just tear it off, but my opinion is if Nissan thinks there should be a heat shield there, then there should be.

Edit: after re-reading, I take it your rattle is gone but just wondering what the little rusted piece is? It's part of a hanger I believe, I pulled off a similar piece.

#4 ·
Looks like part of a hanger like this one

#6 ·
That's a NISMO Flux Capacitor, but they do that when you don't replace the enriched plutonium for it, now its ruined.

That means your X can ONLY travel into the future one day at a time, and it takes 24 hrs per trip.

Other than that, you'll be OK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.