Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Looking for an AUTOCAD file for a Rear bumper w/tire carrier

53K views 86 replies 41 participants last post by  djal 
#1 ·
I remember someone had posted up a autocad drawing of a bumper w/ rear tire carrier. i cant seem to find it now.

I'm trying to get a fabricator to make me a rear bumper but wants some dimensions preferably an autocad file or something similar with dimensions.

any help would be great!

Thanks

#77 ·
What parts did you use for the swing itself? I have 2"x2" 3/16" tube left over from my rock sliders. What round tube did you use and the holster an all that for the arm? I'm trying to figure this out and mock one up for my 01 and just want to gather materials as I go along

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Here is some info. I can detail it out more once i confirm the measurements off my truck.

Attachments

#79 ·
Regarding the request for a cheap solid modeling program....Check out T-Flex lite...you have to register the download (no cost at all though, claim you are a student...I put "Backyard University" as my school...) Register with an email address and check the box saying you won't use the free/educational version for profit.

I used it to design my rear tube bumper and it was great...You can create parts and assemblies with mates. Only downside is it is a Russian based program, and not a lot of tutorials/info online about it...but you should be able to figure it out with the help files :)

#80 ·
#84 ·
#85 ·
It went really well, it's sturdy and held up to two years of serious abuse. I fucked up the paint because, well... it was my first time working with metal so there is some rust and because the overall design was a little advanced for my skills I.E.the trailer hitch and the d-ring holders. Things I'll fix the next time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.