Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Rear lights on 2002

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  smithro 
#1 ·
I have a issue when it is cold outside the rear taillights will not work. If I start it up and let it run for 15 minutes and start driving to work, they start working. Or, if its a warm day no problems. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
tail lights

I've also noticed the interior dash lights are out also when cold. when warmed up everything works, interior dash lights and rear exterior lights.

Is there a module somewhere to pull out overnight and leave in the warm, then plug back in the next morning to see if there is proper illumination?

#3 ·
It may be due to resistance in the directional switch. You may need to replace it to "fix" this issue.

#4 · (Edited)
I was thinking of putting a little space heater inside over night. And I guarantee the lights will work.

forgot this part, the dash lights are off to when cold. The hazard signals, turn signals, and brake lights are work correctly. When the dash lights come on that's when I no the rear running lights are working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.