Nissan XTerra Forum banner

brake wear warning indicator?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  carlosruben84 
#1 ·
Have an '03 X - haven't changed brakes since I've owned it (bought it with 63k two years ago - now @ 90k). I heard a rattling, almost metal on metal noise this morning when driving. Appears to be coming from the front passenger side wheel. It went away when I applied the brakes. I'm at work so I can't look at the pads but was just wondering if there is a low brake pad warning indicator on the X like I've had in other cars/trucks.

Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
No indicator.

If the brake light comes on on the X you better be ready to soon have no brakes....because your loosin fluid LOL

#4 ·
there are indicators built into the pads up front, they are small little metal clips that, one the pad wears down to a point, they make contact with the rotors and make a screeching noise

no actual indicator light though, the BRAKE light just tells you if the parking brake is on or you are low on fluid

#6 ·
yup,, thats what it is... its telling you you are close to needing brakes.. you should still be good to where you havent damaged anything,, just take it and have it checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.