Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Stock vs. 3"SL

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  M3C.CA 
#1 ·
Because I am bored and have seen people ask....

Stock:

3" Articulator Suspension Package With Bilstein Shocks

See less See more
#2 ·
That is some flexibility!

#5 ·
NICE! I was wondering how good the articulator package was. Looks like it flexes out pretty good. What size tires are you running with it? It says you can only run 32's with factory backspaced wheels. Is that true or can you run 33's with some minor trimming?
I ran 33x12.50x15 on OEM rims with the articulator lift and a 2" body lift for some time. No cutting required on the rear and only minor plastic trimming required on the front. The rear tire when fully stuffed will either rub on the frame or the inner fender a bit. All I did was to fold over the panel edge of the inner fender to protect the tires from the potentially sharp panel edge.

Currently I'm running 4.75 BS but no pics with that setup but it flexes a bit better now than it did with the OEM rims.

OEM rims and 33's in the pics below and it will go a bit farther now with the 4.75 BS rims.

#6 ·
I ran 33x12.50x15 on OEM rims with the articulator lift and a 2" body lift for some time. No cutting required on the rear and only minor plastic trimming required on the front. The rear tire when fully stuffed will either rub on the frame or the inner fender a bit. All I did was to fold over the panel edge of the inner fender to protect the tires from the potentially sharp panel edge.

Currently I'm running 4.75 BS but no pics with that setup but it flexes a bit better now than it did with the OEM rims.

OEM rims and 33's in the pics below and it will go a bit farther now with the 4.75 BS rims.

QUOTE]

Good deal! :biggrin:

BTW Racer: your X is awesome!

#7 ·
I'll play. Mine's a bit different...

SOA + stock shackles + Eagle stock replacement (no lift) leaf packs:

Full droop:

Rear up-travel will be better after I modify the bumpstops. Right now because there's an additional ~2" of spring perch, leaf pack and spring plate on top of the axle tubes that hits the bumpstops before the tubes would if it was still spring-under. She still stuffs pretty good though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.