Nissan XTerra Forum banner

New Xterra Owner in CO

861 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bonneraaron18 
#1 ·
Hello, all!

I just recently bought a 2002 Xterra to replace my old '85 4Runner. Needed something a little more reliable haha.

There's a lot I want to do to the Xterra, so I figured this is the place to come for help and answers! The first two things on my list are a supercharger and a suspension lift kit. It's running brand new 31" tires right now, so those are fine (I forget the exact brand and model offhand), but I'd like a little more oomph from the engine. Any suggestions for brands or kits to start with?

And as far as the suspension, any kits or brands that everyone is really pleased with? Or NOT really pleased with? Thanks so much in advance!

-Aaron

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to CX. :D

Supercharger kits? Not so much. Some Xterra's did come with the SC option from the factory that brought the HP up to 200 from 170 but the items that will need to be swapped over are extensive.

As for lifts start at Automotive Customizers (AC) and you'll pretty much find what all the 1st Gen Xterra's run. Lots of choices and different lifts but just search around the site and you should be able to find all the info you need.

#3 ·
welcome to the club. The x is a great truck, but its not going to win races. 10.9 second 0-60 and if you dropped a couple grand into performance mods you might get it to 10 seconds.

You going to start modding the 4runner. If not you could probably sell it off to somebody looking for a good offroad rig. those 85 models were the last year model toyota to come with the solid axle up front from the factory. Not going to make a lot of money if you sell it, but they are sought after.

#4 ·
The 4Runner is going to become a toy pretty soon here. Dropping in a Chevy 4.3 V6 instead of the straight 4 and gonna do probably a 6" lift (It's got a pretty worn out 3" on it now), cut out the fenders and run 35" or so tires, I already fabricated custom brush guards/bumpers, maybe do dual transfer cases, the works. It'll be a great rig once all is said and done. Anyway, wrong forum for that...

So no real aftermarket s/c kits are available? Or at least not ones worth the money? What about getting just and OEM s/c or going to a junkyard to find a totaled X with the engine intact? I know that's a long shot...but I'd love a supercharged rig haha. Thanks for the suspension ideas, I'll check it out! Much obliged!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.