Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Which lights to choose?

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  slightlywicked76 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just found out I got drawn to go elk hunting at the end of September. I have been slowly gearing my X up for just such a trip. I am going to have a custom light bar built onto the roof rack and was curious what everyone's thoughts are for lights. I have been to 4x4parts.com and looked at all the various lights they offer, I just do not know what to choose.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the matter?

TIA!!

#2 ·
lightforce

I had a pair of plastic hellas that became brittle after 2 years in the desert.
I im currently running the lightforce 240 blitz's on my front. They are incredible and have a great lexan cover. they are a bit large though. I have had them for approximatly 2 years now and have had no problems at all. I have found that for the price they have outlasted alot of my friends higher priced lights. They are an australian product.
-mitch

#3 ·
I have ProComp 6" long range lights and they are nice and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
i also have pro comp 6 inch long range theyre nice. Soon im converting these to HID tho, if you get an HID conversion youll get a ton of nice bright white light. Also relatively inexpensive

#5 ·
#7 ·
ive got 2 sets of piaa 525's up top. they are great because you get a dual beam out of them. selectable between a low beam and high beam. got the 2 middle ones wired together and the outer 2 wired together. nice to have highs in the middle for long range visability and lows on the outers for the extra width at the same time.

#8 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just found out I got drawn to go elk hunting at the end of September. I have been slowly gearing my X up for just such a trip. I am going to have a custom light bar built onto the roof rack and was curious what everyone's thoughts are for led bulbs lights. I have been to 4x4parts.com and looked at all the various lights they offer, I just do not know what to choose.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the matter?

TIA!!
You can try led lights as they put least pressure on battery

#9 ·
I run 4 KC Daylighters (100W) and it is all the light that I have ever needed. I am sure that there are better out there, however for the amount of times I use them it just wasn't worth spending a bunch of money.

Additionally, I put two 55W KC floods on the back wired into the reverse lights as well as on a stand alone switch. These are nice for illuminating an area behind the truck while processing game. It is much better than a head lamp or holding a mini-mag in your mouth.

Also, check your local laws to see if they need to be covered while operating on public roads. Some states are picky on that and it just gives the police an excuse to pull you over. :icon_question:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.