Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Rock sliders

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lbishop 
#1 ·
Hey, who makes the best rocker sliders for my 2012 Xterra?

Thanks!!

#2 ·
#3 ·
Personally, I like sliders with a kickout as it makes for a nice pivot point. If you've rubbed up against a rock or tree and continue moving forward, the kickout will spin the rear end around the obstacle whereas with straight sliders you would slide then hit the tree/rock with the rear tire. Sometimes not a big deal but other times it is VERY nice to have the vehicle swing itself out of harms way. My $0.02...

Oh and also, get a shop to make you custom sliders rather than pay for pre-fabbed plus shipping. Same strength (if done properly), cheaper and you'd probably get them faster.

#4 ·
Personally, I like sliders with a kickout as it makes for a nice pivot point. If you've rubbed up against a rock or tree and continue moving forward, the kickout will spin the rear end around the obstacle whereas with straight sliders you would slide then hit the tree/rock with the rear tire. Sometimes not a big deal but other times it is VERY nice to have the vehicle swing itself out of harms way. My $0.02...
I gotta agree as someone who has paid to have a bent rear axle shaft replaced...

#5 ·
Shrock makes a great product, but there turn around time is quite long

Im running a set of rocky road supersliders on my gen. 1
Great product, great customer service, and an awesome turn around time
http://www.rocky-road.com/xterra-rock-sliders.html

*definitely gonna be doing business with these guys again

#7 ·
Go White-knuckle Offroad. Better lead times than Shrock and Hefty both, and better or equivalent quality to Shrock while being way better quality than Hefty. John is the owners name. He is a great guy to deal with. It took him just under a month to get mine to me. The kickouts under the rear passenger doors have saved me quite a few times now. Awesome quality for an awesome price.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Rocky road charged $80 or so to ship a set to TN... all total for a set of supersliders shipped to the door, I was in about $512.00. Includes all grade 8.8 hardware. Install wasn't bad to do

You could get off even cheaper if you just went with their rockrails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.